Chapter Nineteen

It was the day of the wedding. You were at the venue, going to get ready. You hadn't slept at all last night. Instead, you were up all night, crying about how this entire month was for you.

You thought about how different things would've been if you hadn't broken up with Seonghwa and hadn't met Hyunsang. Would you have still tolerated Seonghwa flirting with other girls and ignoring you in public? Would you have gone and told him how much you love him after he apologized and promised to change?

You were pulled out of your thoughts when you heard a knock on the door. "Come in," you yell out, and your stylist and makeup artist came in.

"Oh, dear!" your makeup artist cries while looking at your face. You look at her, giving her a questioning look. "Did you get any sleep at all?"

"No," you answer tiredly.

"It's common to have cold feet before the wedding day," she says. "But you really should've gotten some sleep. Your eyes are red and puffy."

You controlled the urge to tell her how you didn't even want to get married. Who would even want to get married in your situation?

"Sorry," was all you said before she starts working on your face and the stylist starts on your hair.

After nearly an hour, they were done. They were proud that at least they managed to make you look nice despite of your puffy red eyes. They helped you into your wedding dress before leaving you alone.

You sat on the chair, staring at your reflection in the mirror. There was no emotion in your eyes; you were just blank.

You heard someone knock on your door. "Come in," you say.

Your breath hitches when you Seonghwa, dressed in a black suit. He closes the door behind him while looking at you.

"Jena . . . you look beautiful," he says with a small smile. You didn't smile back and he sighs. "I know you don't want this."

"What do you mean?" you ask.

"This whole marriage thing," he remarks. "I know you don't want to do this, so why are you forcing yourself?"

"What makes you think that?"

"Cause I know you don't love him," he states, cupping your cheeks with his hands. "Don't pretend anymore, please."

Your eyes teared up and so did his.

"Please, Jena, don't do this."

"I have to, Seonghwa," you whisper, tears rolling down your cheeks. He wipes your tears with his thumb.

"Run away with me." Oh how that idea tempted you.

"I can't," you sniffle. "Seonghwa, it'll only be worse for you."

"Why? Cause he'll beat me up again?" Your eyes widened. How did he know? "It's so obvious that it was him," he answers your unspoken question. "And he's going to pay for it."

"Don't, Seonghwa," you protest. "He will come after you and everyone I love."

"Trust me, please. I won't let that happen so just run away with me."

"I can't embarrass my parents like that," you say.

Seonghwa sighs, letting go of your face. "So you've made up your mind?"

You nod, wiping your tears. "It's for the best. I'll learn to love him."

Seonghwa nods, giving you a sad smile while he felt his heart break. He leans down and kisses you, making you whimper. You knew he was saying goodbye. He pulls away after a few seconds. "Take care of yourself."

You grab his arm before he could leave. "Will you be watching the wedding?"

"Yeah," he says before leaving.

-

End of Chapter Nineteen.