Start

They say, life is short so you should enjoy life to your heart's content. I say, that is wrong. Life is long. Long enough for you to realize your objectives in life, and pursue them. There is no such thing as 'too late' or 'too early'. Life is just in time for everything.

Like me. I met him at the peak of my boredom. All the time I spent facing my boredom, it was all so that I could meet him.

It was in Japan. I met a man named Haru Kato. He is hot-tempered, zealous of his work. I first met him when he jumped in the middle of the road to protect a mother and son. I immediately turned my car and hit the post. From the rearview mirror, I saw him angrily walking towards my car. That time, I thought, "How much hate did this guy accumulated in this world?" And so, I opened the car. A cloud of smoke floated towards his angry face. Ah, I ticked him off. He got angrier. That time, I wondered. "Can I buy this man's anger?" Not because I want the man to be happy. But, because I want some emotions to color my gray life.

Yes. I am rich, super rich, and should be happy because I am rich and is privileged. But, have you ever thought that I might be unhappier than you? I lost my parents because of wealth. I only have my grandmother who continuously age. The thing that I can't buy is time. I have all the wealth. But, I can't give the time to my grandmother so that she could live longer. She's the only family left to me. I have no friends. I can buy them, and they want to befriend me because of my wealth. Yes. Money speaks everything. Thus, I can't find a real friend. I am lonely? Maybe. I can buy people to accompany me. But, at the end of the day, I am still alone. Nothing is permanent in this world - except money, which I have, and time - which I will never have.

I continued living my life in boredom, until, for some reason, I went to Japan. I didn't know, that event will be the start of the change in my life. Like an abandoned old clock in the attic, left to accumulate dust, one of its hands finally, suddenly moved. As for me, the one who pushed that hand of the clock to move, is the man named Haru Kato.

(A/N: i was taking a bath when this popped in my mind. *sighs in the end i still wrote a fanfic. 😔 hope you'd enjoy this, guys. 😊)