Pathetic

He accidentally shot his target, resulting in him being unable to use a gun in the future. Why had he shot the target? Was it overexcitement? Anxiety? Being nervous? Many excuses can be used for a rookie’s mistake. However, Haru clearly knows in his heart.

The target laundered money because of greed. It was always greed – the root of all crimes. Money is the root of all evil. If there was no money, people won’t be greedy. If there won’t be greed, then there won’t be crimes happening.

Just like what has happened to his family. He may be prejudiced, something that a police officer shouldn’t have, because of what has happened to him before. He was then transferred to his current department now. However, he guessed he might be transferred again. Probably to logistics because of what had happened.

Haru blew out air as he sat on the bench, ignoring the cold night wind biting on people’s skin after he got used to it while walking aimlessly in the district. His feet brought him to a park.

His smile cannot be any more ironic. That neighbor who took him that day brought him in a park. He thought he would comfort him. However, he didn’t. Now that he thought about it, Haru found that his neighbor, instead of waiting for the police or finding them and hand him over to them, both as a witness and is a family member of both the criminal and the victim, he took him away instead.

However, it wasn’t for a noble cause. Instead, their neighbor is actually a member of a syndicate. He has long been looking for people to exchange their kidneys with money, and he had just happened to pass by them. He then watched them for a long time until the day came where his father was too anxious since they didn’t have any more food to eat.

After their neighbor took him, he waited for the syndicate to arrive. Fortunately, a middle-aged officer ran after them after he noticed that the child was missing after hearing the people’s statements that the couple has a son. Then, he looked for Haru and found him with their neighbor. The policeman fortunately has a sharp intuition and he arrested the neighbor as a suspect for taking a valuable witness away.
Haru’s admiration towards the policemen budded. Thus, he followed in their footsteps. Only to fail on his very first assignment.

He blew out an irritated sigh. “Why is it so hard?” he muttered. Everything he does goes unnoticed. Everything is pointless. He is so useless. Before he was transferred, the smarty ass Hoshino talked to him.

“Haru-san.” Hoshino called him as he left the first division’s office. “As a police officer, one cannot have a second’s hesitation, a minute of reflection, an hour of remorse, and a day of regret. But most importantly – “ he said as he patted his shoulder. “ – we can never have a lifetime of guilt.” He told him, then he walked past him. “In short, one cannot have his judgement be clouded when armed with a gun, and faced by a criminal.” He told him and left.

Haru can’t speak and just watched him left. “Hoshino…” he muttered as he watched the guy entered the restroom. “It’d be more convincing if you didn’t enter the women’s restroom afterwards.” He smiled when he heard a woman’s scream followed by a loud slap.

Hoshino looked cool that moment though.

(A/N: good? Yes. Let’s hope for good things to come hereafter. 😊)

P.S.: this pace... maybe i can finish this fanfic tonight?! Lol. Also... i am hesitating to ask this but... can you now see who will be the top and who will be the bottom? 😂😂😂😘😘😘