Extra: Diary

(A/N: as I wrote this, I realized. I could’ve made this as another book. Yet, I didn’t. Coz I don’t want to end this book with Haru looking like being forced into relationship by Daisuke. I don’t want this to leave a bad taste in your mouth. I say this – Daisuke may have a strong personality but he is a gentleman. He won’t force someone if the other really is strongly against it. Daisuke is proud. He doesn’t want to be labeled something bad. Also, he has money. So why force someone? Like that. Ok. Enough of this and let’s start this final, long chapter that will end this book! P.S.: and from the note, of course, this’ll be on Haru’s POV. Enjoy!)

Eye-catching. That’s the right word to describe Daisuke. Haru was playing his pen with his fingers when he raised his eyes and saw Daisuke’s face across him. Daisuke was sitting in front of him, a low wall separating them.

His first meeting with the man is inexplicable. Everything was chaotic. From being almost hit by a car (which Daisuke drives), being exhaled on the face by a cloud of smoke (which was done by Daisuke), riding a car that was forcefully taken from the owner and paid after (bought by Daisuke), saving the two idiotic rebelling teenagers (which ignored by Daisuke), and falling off the bridge (after being just watched on by Daisuke). I was polite at first, only to be returned by a series of misfortunes. All from one man –

Kambe Daisuke.

Then, I found out he is filthy rich. Who wouldn’t hate him? Ah. Scratch that. Who wouldn’t envy him? Me. Yes. I hate money. Unbelievable? Yes. That’s me. I have a reason of hating money. But to sum it all – money is to root of evil. So, yeah. Daisuke is the greatest evil for having that much money. So now you know why I hate him?

My life is peaceful until he arrived. Yes. He brought such mess in my life. Everybody can clearly see how much I hated the man’s guts, so much I wanted to pull it. Ah, no. Can’t do that or I’ll become the same as my father.

To continue. So, here. Everyone knows I hate the guy. But, they kept pairing me up with him (this is during the investigations, okay?) (A/N: yeah, sure.) And I noticed that guy is so sticky to me. I know he is aware I hate him. I confronted him at the rooftop during his second day at work! But! He. Freaking. Asked. Me. Out! For investigation. For! In! Ves! Ti! Ga! Tion! Okay? Don’t think too much.

Okay. Continue. So, he asked me out. He wants me to take him to the crime scene. Geez! It’s not me who has a say to whom will be in charge of the cases! But, he went up and really asked me. Heck, why me? And, the next second I received an order I really am going to investigate. And with that guy! I knew he has money. He bought the people, right? Right? Just how despicable is he? (A/N: I just want to say the guy is in love, Haru. He will do everything to be noticed by his crush.)

Ugh. I don’t want to elaborate what happened to the case anymore. Let’s skip to the time I confronted him. For the nth time.

So, I was, as always, like, what the hell’s with you? You’re too sticky to me. Are you not tired of seeing me? Then, he answered ‘no’. What the hell does he mean by that? So I just laughed and told him to partner with others after our current case. Then, he told me he won’t. I got frustrated and so I laughed in anger. I wanted to ask him to explain to me why, but he only muttered something and then left. Seriously, I got scared that time. Did he just curse me to meet misfortune? The next day answered my question.

He confessed to me. I felt mixed emotions when I heard his confession. I don’t discriminate gays, just the rich people. And he just happened to be one – and the top of the list, at that. Thus, I got mad. Yes. I know I am prejudiced. But, I can’t help it. Just knowing someone rich likes me… I feel miserable. The trauma I had when I was young still haunts me. Just the sight of a large cash gives me a cold feet. (Fortunately, this guy does his business out of my sight with the use of an AI, HEUSC.)

He started pestering me. Everyone found out, of course. They are just being discreet out of respect for Daisuke. However, I just feel more anger. So, I lashed out of him. I said hurtful words at him. I know, I cannot take back those words. And so I just let it ferment. Maybe he’d wake up one day, realizing that he was just pranking me. I think, things will be better between us if it’ll be like that. But, hell no. It worsened.

Daisuke was shot. He was sent to the hospital. He saved me. He freaking saved me. It was my mistake. I erred at work again. But, Daisuke saved me. How many times did I say he saved me? Yes, he saved me.

I am really a jerk. I got the nerve to be the one being mad. Ah. This feeling sucks. Daisuke almost lost his life. And where was I, his partner? Partner. Yes. Never had I been proud to be called his partner than that time. Yet, that time also is my biggest mistake. I should apologize to him. However, I fell sick the next day, and he was taken to England by Suzue.

I just have many excuses, right? But, I can’t change the fact that I never apologized to him. I can contact him through phone or email. This matter, his needs to be done personally. But! The bastard was gone for month! Did I miss him? Oh, yes. But it was my fists who missed him! I feel like a wife abandoned by my husband! Hell! Who’s the wife?! I should be the husband and that bastard be the wife!

Kambe: anything you say, dear. I was used to being served, anyway, so you do the work – in bed.

The previous section on top wasn’t written by me but my overbearing wife.

Haru stopped writing and he smiled as he touched the strings of line inserted by Daisuke inside his diary. Now, how did he know I was writing a diary? He smiled and turned to Daisuke who was sleeping on the bed. When he saw Daisuke turned after feeling the absence of his presence in bed, Haru chuckled. He smiled, doting, and closed his diary and left it on the table. Then, he walked towards the bed and sat on its side.

He brushed the hair that fell on Daisuke’s forehead. “You have always been watching me, right?” he softly whispered and stared at Daisuke’s sleeping face. When Daisuke closes his eyes and his signature smile is gone, he looked so soft. But, he’s the only one who can see this defenseless side of Daisuke. “Let me be the one to watch over you, now.” He said and planted a kiss on Daisuke’s cheek. Then, he took the towel and wiped off Daisuke’s sweat. Daisuke had a fever. “I have another job – a more challenging one, cut out for me.” He chuckled when he saw Daisuke frowned in his sleep and hugged him tight by the waist. He held Daisuke’s hand and interlocked their fingers.

The rings in their hands glistened.

The next day –

“… I leave him to you.” Haru helplessly said as he scratched his head after the doctor said Daisuke’s fever had gone up.

“You should have your body checked, too.” Daisuke’s grandmother said.

“Eh?” Haru said.

Daisuke’s grandmother was puzzled. Didn’t he kiss my grandson? He didn’t catch a cold? Ah. Yes. There’s that saying –

Only idiots don’t catch a cold.

She smiled. “My grandson has it hard.” She muttered.

“Hm?” Haru was puzzled.

(A/N: I feel like… I am still not ready to end this yet. QAQ guess I will be waiting one more chap and then end this?)

P.S.: yes. I still have some words left I haven’t finished. Next chapter will be really the last!