Saving

(A/N: yeeeyyyyy another update! Sorry for disappearing, and thank you for staying. We are currently being on Daisuke's side, since we are reading from his POV. I wonder what will you think when you read Haru's side? Lol. But, right now, this chap is still on Daisuke's side. Lol. Happy reading!)

Daisuke took the bullet intended for Haru. Haru didn't know what happened. Everything was too fast.They were usually following behind their target. However, a moment of carelessness and they saw their target was in the hands of a suspicious person.

They immediately went out and found the person is the suspect in the case they are in charge of. The suspect was holding a gun and is pointing at the target. The suspect was about to fire the gun to their target when they arrived. The suspect caught their target and put the nuzzle of the gun on her head, taking her as a hostage. Then, Daisuke started to negotiate with the suspect. Haru became enraged.

Lately, Daisuke no longer spends lavishly and follows Haru's wants during their investigation. But, now, Daisuke returned to being a spender.

"I knew it! You will never change!" Haru told Daisuke then ran towards the suspect head-on.

Daisuke froze because of Haru's words. He doesn’t want to disappoint Haru but now is not the time to obey Haru. The situation is very dangerous, and he doesn’t want to delay this since the more the delay, the bigger the possibility of an accident to happen. He doesn’t want for Haru to be hurt.

However, the silent HEUSC which Daisuke muted the past says woke Daisuke. Daisuke immediately ran after Haru.

The suspect was startled and fired the gun towards Haru. However, Daisuke jumped on Haru's back, pressing Haru down. Daisuke then tilted his head to avoid the bullet, only for his shoulder to be shot.

They fell on the ground. Haru felt his back was soaked. The liquid flowed down from Daisuke's body and spilled to the ground. When Haru saw the blood, he was horrified. He immediately turned to Daisuke, forgetting the suspect who was equally horrified as Haru. The suspect fell on his knees and dropped the gun. A minute after and the policemen from the nearest station arrived after HEUSC called for them. The policemen apprehended the suspect and took the witness away while some of them sent Daisuke to the hospital, along with Haru.

Not long after Daisuke was sent to the hospital and Suzue arrived, crying as she waited outside the emergency room together with Haru. Then, after she calmed down, she turned to the stunned Haru who was sitting on the bench outside the emergency room. Then, she spoke.

"Do you know the reason why I fell in love with Kambe-san?" Suzue said. "It was because of his selfishness. His arrogance. His indifference. Yes, they may all be bad attitudes, but - " she looked at Haru. " - the feeling is more sincere to fall in love seeing his worst than to fall in love seeing his best. You fell for the real them, and the not superficial person they aim themselves to be." She said. "After meeting you, I saw he became a better person. Gone is his indifference. He developed richer expressions on his face as he spent his time with you. Gone is his selfishness. He learned to care more of other people, especially you. Gone is his arrogance. He..." her voice choked as her tears fell. "He learned how to bow down his head by begging you. Asking for your time, begging you to listen to his explanations. But, did you? Did you give him a glance? Did you gave him just a little of your time? Kato-san." She called. "I don't know much about you, and only known you by listening to Kambe-san as he always talks about you. When I finally met you, I saw - " she said and looked at Haru. " - how different you are from Kambe-san's stories of you, and you as I see you now. All I can see is you doing your best in your job, but that's because you want everyone to like you. You talk about justice, but hating Kambe-san just because he uses his money to solve the case, isn't that injustice for him? In this regard, Haru Kato - " she said as she looked at Haru in the eye. " - Kambe-san is more human than you. You may continue to hate him, and Kambe-san continue to love you. But, I - " she sobbed. " - I hate you. If Kambe-san will just end up this way, I wish he hadn't met you. Even if he'd continue to remain indifferent, arrogant and selfish, it is better than to see the pained look on his face!" She said and left, crying. She dialed the Kambe family's doctor to transfer Daisuke abroad where the technology is more advanced. They can't let the only heir of the Kambe family die.

Haru looked at the closed door of the emergency room, a dumbfounded look on his face. Daisuke was inside. The great Kambe Daisuke, whom he hates, but loves him.

I… am really sorry.

(A/N: ^last line is what i want to tell you. Another angst chapter. Wanna bite me? Hahahahaha. Anyways, since this is the progress of the story now, of course we will (finally) be seeing Haru's side. Yeah! So, please wait for (more) angst.

P.S.: geez. First fanfic of this anime and it's already angst. I wanna bite myself, too. 😑 hope you enjoyed this!