Companion

Daisuke fortunately was still young to understand many things. He attended his parents’ funeral with an expressionless face like he was attending a stranger’s funeral. His mother’s family wanted to take him in for their own gain, but they are powerless in the face of the Kambe’s might. Thus, Daisuke’s paternal grandmother took him and raised him alone.

Later, she found out Daisuke was unmotivated with everything. Anything that he wanted, from biggest to smallest things, were immediately given. He and his paternal grandmother were the only ones left of their family, thus Daisuke was treasured.

His paternal grandmother was helpless. Then, she remembered their butler’s daughter who is a year older than Daisuke. She immediately called for her to be Daisuke’s companion.

Suzue proved to be a good influence to Daisuke. Suzue is curious of many things – machines the most. She always pulls Daisuke with her to roam around the city and watch people who works with machines. This became a habit of them two as they grew up. Daisuke asked for an AI to assist him with everything. His paternal grandmother was about to speak when Suzue presented Daisuke HEUSC.

Yes. It was Suzue’s creation. Later and they knew it was Suzue’s token of love. However, they were all aware of Daisuke’s feelings. Daisuke only saw her as a friend. An elder sister, as the most intimate relationship with Daisuke. Daisuke can’t give her more than that.

They only found out of Daisuke being disinterested in everything is actually Daisuke feeling bored of life. Even Suzue’s creations can give him only a limited time of interest and excitement. His paternal grandmother doesn’t know what to do, and could only suggest for Daisuke to visit Japan – their country of origin.

They didn’t expect it is where Daisuke will found his long-awaited and lifetime’s happiness.

Japan.

“Daisuke. Let’s head to port and investigate… ah.” Haru muttered when he turned and saw Daisuke wasn’t there.

“Missing someone?” Saeki asked as she offered him a packet of gummies.

“What missing?” Haru asked and frowned as he printed the file for a new case he is to investigate.

“I only meant the person being physically absent.” Saeki said as she chewed her gummy. “I didn’t mention about something relating emotionally…” she muttered as she moved her chair back to its position.

Haru fell silent. He must be overreacting. He had gotten used to Daisuke always standing or sitting beside him. Now that Daisuke is gone… and it’s because of him.

He shook his head to clear his mind. Then, he clipped the printed papers in a folder and went out. The people left inside the office looked at each other, then laughed.

Simultaneously, they all received a message in their phone.

“I am coming back for that idiot. Let him miss me for a bit.”

Obviously, the message was sent by the month-long absent Daisuke.

(A/N: surprised? Who’s excited with the chasing? Please do remember the characters’ personality to determine who is top and who is bottom so that you won't bite me.)

P.S.: suddenly, i had an epiphany. Could the next chap be the last chap? 😭😭😭