A God's Insanity

Everyone was distraught.

After the night where all hell had seemed to break loose, after they had lost their queen and after their kingdom had been terrorized; the people were in fear of one another.

People blamed their neighbors, the people they never liked, that one weird uncle in every family.

But everyone could agree on one thought, one cruel idea.

As the rays of dawn shone through the smoke and debris from the explosions, so did the idea.

"Spawn of demon! She did this!", one lady's voice excused from the small gathering injured crowd.

Cassandra saw all and felt all the excusing eyes on her.

Everyone's eyes were full of hate.

"We need to drive her out of Corona! She's too dangerous!", a man yelled.

"Yeah!"

"Let's get her!!!", another screamed.

"Hey wait!!! I didn't do this! Please!!!", Cass protested as the crowed started to advance.

People started to throw rocks at her as a baby's wail was heard.

"Leave demoness!!! Leave us be!!!", the woman screeched throwing a sharp rock that hit her eye, "We know your crimes!!!"

"I didn't do it!!", Cass yelled back as more people advanced, "I know I did a lot of terr-,"

"Save it! We don't want to hear any of your lies!"

Rapunzel heard the uproar from the townspeople from the distance, seeing the stones sailing through the air and hearing the harsh words.

Rapunzel wanted to help her friend, but her heart felt to heavy.

All she could do was watch.

Queen Arianna's sweet face filled her mind, her gentle eyes and soft brown hair and caring motherly hands.

All it was gone.

No.

Not gone...

TAKEN.

"Daughter of a true bitch you are! Unholy offspring!!", one older guy spat throwing his rake at Cassandra.

Cass dodged the rake but still ended up getting pummeled by the smaller sharp objects.

Glass, stones, and trash flew everywhere as more angry cries and screams filled the air.

"Stop!! Please... I'm begging you!! I didn't do any of this!!!", Cass cried as a lean woman punched her in the face.

"Wooo!! Way to go Sara!!", her husband cheered as Cass stumbled.

Cass coughed as she felt her cheek start to swell. She was covered in cuts and bruises.

Suddenly black rocks blew up through the ground in a crazy array, hitting all the angry and hateful townsfolk away from her.

People yelped out in surprise and more pain along with their previous injuries as they slammed into the hard dirt.

"Demon!!! You... you won't get way with this!!!", one man screamed shaking his fist at Cass.

"She's not the one who did that Jerrold.", a smooth voice cut in.

Cass gasped as Varian stepped forward, his hand in one pocket of his dark coat and another extended toward Jerrold's surprised face.

Varian had put on a whole new outfit.