Chapter 1; A Normal Sahara Meeting.

It was just a normal Sahara meeting apart from the fact that Mumbo actually went to the meeting for once and didn't leave in a flying redstone machine in the middle of the meeting. Grian was half asleep, daydreaming about how pretty much everyone on the server was in a relationship, stress and Cleo, doc and keralis, cub and his diamonds and that's not to mention the people who have crushes on others. Grian thought this as he looked up only to see the two other architects, to what Grian saw as subconscious flirting and found that both hilarious and ironic causing him to start randomly giggling.

Mumbo and Iskall who were previously blabbering on about redstone and honey blocks were now staring at the giggling blonde in confusion as he had been silently staring into the void for the past 25 minutes.

"You ok there bud?" Iskall chuckled, slightly concerned,

"Oh, yeah I'm fine just thinking about stuff"

"Like what?" Mumbo asked,

"Like... stuff" Grian hesitated not wanting to make his friends uncomfortable,

"Lik-"

"Hey Grian, me and Mumbo are just going to talk about some redstone improvements so you can do whatever you want" Iskall said, saving Grian from mumbos further questioning.

"Yeah I'll get goin should probably get some fresh air, continue working on the demise base-"

"Yeah you know the one I wasn't invited to..." Mumbo said continuing grians sentence.

"Yea that one!" Iskall exclaimed jokingly

As the two continued blabbering like an old married couple Grian took his leave and started heading down to the architect demise base.

As he pressed the opening button he swore he could hear something or someone scattering around, Grian now much more self conscious made his way slowly down the hall only to be greeted by a monochrome man in a cowboy hat who looked like he was contemplating all existence.

"Wait, Scar?"

"Hm- oh hey Grian"

"What are you doing here?" Grian said in much suspicion.

"Just checkin out the base but," scar slid into the entrance hole so that the floor was now at his armpits causing the floor to open and activate the lava trap, "yeah I'd rather not take that chance." He continued pushing himself back up onto the ledge.

"You know it's rather suspicious when a person who is not only on the dead team but is also part of the rival of your company is 'checking out' your base" Grian explained using air quotes when he said 'checking out'.

"Well I feel offended, I never really thought of your company, well of you as a rival or enemy" he paused "but yeah I see where your coming from.".

"Just to make sure, you 100% didn't come here to trap here, right?" Grian questioned.

"Nah nah, just came here to check things out but I didn't know that you guys had made a proper entrance yet."

"Well it's much better than a hole." Grian agreed moving to sit down next to Scar.

The room itself was small and very greyscale, the only colour being the water in the exit tube and grain making them the main and only two places scars eyes wanted to move to. Apart from the bubbling of the water and the faint murmur of the lava it was silent, although unlike most silent situations it was more comforting than awkward.

They sat there like that for what seemed like hours as it had been, the thoughts of loneliness retreating from Grians mind and Scar being able to take a break, relax and hang out with someone without the tiring need of communicating with them. It was nice. But like all other things nice things always come to an end.

Scar checked his watch finding out that he'd been sitting there for a lot longer than he had expected and moved to stand up gaining Grians attention.

"Sorry, it's just getting a little late an-" Scar said, beginning to ramble before Grain cut him off.

"It's cool. It's been nice hanging out with you"

"Yeah, we should do this more often"

"We should"

And with that they set off, Scar to go home and feed jellie and collect any profit from the Con-Corp shops and Grian to go and try and explain to Iskall and Mumbo why the past 3 hours had been unproductive only to have the two just tell him that we all get a little unmotivated sometimes, which only peeved him off because Grian was currently the exact opposite of unmotivated and hence spent the rest of the night doing the work he was meant to do in those three hours that he was sitting with his.... friend? Grian still didn't know, they weren't ever really enemies but they didn't talk enough to be friends and those were the only thoughts in grains mind, not how he was forever single but instead how comforting it was to be around scar. It was nice.