Chapter Five

Y/N POV 

We pulled each other back into a hug, tears streaming down my hidden face as we embraced one another, remembering long lost memories of my friend that I left eight years ago with Rey to help BB-8 get back to the Resistance, leaving behind my other best friend and partner in crime on this dusty wasteland to suffer.  She looked so much older, more mature to be exact, but she was still stunning, her long obsidian hair that draped down her back shining in the dimly lit room, her chocolate eyes staring into my soul with that ferocious gleam that they always had, her tender hands petting my mask for comfort, crying on my shoulder.  Atin awkwardly stood back, putting his gun back in its holster where it belonged, not saying a single word, but watching us carefully, leaning from side to side as he waited, looking around the room as to not seem like a creep who was staring at us, silently watching our every movement.  The sounds of thrifters yelling at the owners and scavengers having a showdown came from outside of the deserted bar, bringing me back to a time where I wasn't a Mandalorian Jedi, a time when I was fifteen with nothing to lose, a time before I met Poe and Finn and Han and... him.   I couldn't help but think of Rey and how she always had the brightest smile, how she could always make me laugh when I was sad, how she always somehow smelled like an Alderaanian flame-rose in the spring, how even though she was always happy, there was something that was tearing her up inside, but she would never talk about whatever it was because she didn't want to bring me down with her.  I hugged Dawn tighter, my gloved fingers digging into her skin, holding back the tears that had formed because of my thoughts on Rey, her thumb rubbing my back in small circles, humming in my ear to calm me down.

I took a couple of deep breaths, my mind starting to be put at ease, subconsciously wishing that Atin could be holding me in his arms and humming to me like Dawn was doing.  I pulled back from the hug, holding onto her forearms as I finally got a good look at what she had grown up to be, pushing back a piece of stray hair out of her face and behind her air, smiling under my mask like a proud momma looking at her grownup child.  Dawn smirked, putting her hands on her hips like the sassy diva she was, making me laugh like she did in the good old days.

"Ni miss gar (I miss you)," I said in Mandalorian, grabbing her hands.

Dawn smiled, cupping my mask with her hand and pressing her forehead against my metallic one, wiping away the dirt with her thumb gently.

"Gar shukur ibic kar'ta tuur gar payt (You broke/break this heart the day you left)," she responded, closing her eyes and letting a tear fall down her dirt covered cheek.

I bit my lip to keep it from quivering, swallowing down my emotions as I tried to force out the words, ending up unsuccessful for the first few tries, needing to take a deep breath to get the words sorted out in my head.

"Ni (I)-" I began, Dawn interrupting me.

"Gar vaabir not ganar bah sirbur mayen, ogir akaan ti haar Resistance bal Sol'yc Order bal gar gaa'tayl birov droten, ni suvarir haar jorbe gar payt (You do not have to say anything, there was war with the Resistance and First Order and you helped many people, I understand the reason you left)," she responded, letting go of me and taking a step back, her eyes watering.

I nodded, holding back the tears that were building up in my eyes with everything that I had in me, swallowing down the massive lump that formed in my throat, backing up so I was next to Atin, feeling his fingers slip in between mine, my face blushing immensely under the emotionless mask that I wore.  I glanced at Dawn and saw her smirking while wiping the tears away from her face, giving me a look that I knew all too well, rolling my eyes (which she obviously couldn't see) and chuckling under my breath.  Dawn bit the inside of her cheek pointing her attention to Atin and grinning sheepishly at him, tapping her foot rapidly on the ground like she does when she is excited or curious about something, or someone, for this certain matter.  She pointed her finger at him and snapped with her other hand, trying to get the words to come clearly in her head so she wouldn't sound stupid when she was talking.