Chapter 9

Lia.

And here we are again with that uncomfortable deafening silence in the car with him tightly holding the wheel and me fiddling with my dress.

What do I say now?How do I apologize to him?But did I say something wrong?I must have

Nervously fiddling with my thumb,I took a deep breath and turned towards him

"Um, I am sorry if any of my words offended you,I didn't mean hurting you intentionally or something"with that said I looked at him but he acted as if I didn't say anything so I turned towards the window.

Suddenly the car stopped after a while and I looked out to se we were parked at a mansion,I looked at him confusingly.

"Why are we here?"I asked him
Without turning he just took out the key and said "Come inside,I want to discuss something"
Before I could say something,he was outside the car and already walking towards the mansion.

What would he want to discuss with me?Is it because I said something at the restaurant?Is he going to do something,I can't help but fear a little right now.

Realizing that I have been sitting in for too long,I rushed out and soon jogged towards the mansion entrance while passing a smile to the security.

As soon I reached inside,the mansion was completely dark and cold too,the kind of cold that would send shiver down your spine,I glanced around and spotted a dim light near a bar counter where a broad shoulder back could be seen and I walked to the lighted area and stood in front of Mr.Stone.

I again looked down,not really sure of holding his cold gaze,I noticed he already had drank more than half bottle,how can someone drink something so strong in just 5 minutes.A glass came in my line of vision and I looked up finally to see him offering me some drink but I shook my head.I do not like alcohol much.

He just let out a dark chuckle and I felt myself growing nervous.He drank the remaining in one gulp and suddenly stood up while smashing the bottle on the ground making me flinch and I took a step back.

He turned his cold gaze on me and came closer.
"Little innocent birdie does not drink alcohol huh?"He said in that evil tone while smirking but I just stepped back looking over his shoulder to avoid any contact with him.

He kept coming closer and soon I was trapped between him and a wall.
I looked down avoiding looking at him but I guess he wanted something else because soon there was a tug on my chin which made my green amber eyes connected to his blue grey ones and I was instantly captured by its colour or more like the storm behind it.

How can people hide so much behind their hard glare?

"Stop acting like an innocent bitch and name your price to leave Rachel and mine life"He said sternly.

I was suddenly angered or more like upset as to why do people always misunderstand us.

I felt tears prick my eyes but I blinked my eyes and swatted his hand aside pointing my finger at him

"How dare you to think of me like that I am not behind your money nor I have any interest in you,whatever I am doing itq just for Mama,I want to see her happy" and help you but I didn't say that.

He just stood there glaring at me but soon reached his arm around my waist and pulled me flushed against his hard rock body.

He smelled like alcohol and something earthy.I tried removing his arm as it was too tight but he just tightened it and made me look at his cold eyes.I couldn't help but feel his breath on my forehead as he was looking at me and his dark locks falling on his forehead slightly.

He reached near my ears and my breath hitched.
"Then lets get married Lia"the way he said my name was enough to make me shiver.

He stood back and with hands in his pant pockets gazed at me.I realized I was still standing there flustered and decided not to embarrass myseld more.

I nodde my head.
"Within one month I want us married because I want Rachel to start the treatment as soon as possible in Russia"He said in his cold tone.

I was suprised to see him take so much efforts and happy for Mama,
I smiled and nodded my head.
"Thankyou so much Mr.Stone"I said politely but continued remembering something.
"Oh but try not to keep any wedding plans or anything for the next tuesdays because I have an author coming to launch her book and its very important"I said smilingly not able to contain my excitement.

"Ezron"He said coldly.
I looked at him confusingly "huh" but suddenly he took hold of my hand and pulled me to him.
"Fucking call me Ezron,you understand that."
I just nodded my head and said softly
"I und-understood Ez-Ezron"I stuttered
He stood there few seconds glaring at me with his jaw clenched and suddenly pushed my hand strongly away he turned around making me stumble back and a glass pierced my feet.

I let out a soft gasp because of the pain feeling tears run down my face.I looked the way Ezron went but he had already disappeared leaving me alone.

I carefully sat down on the floor and removed the glass while closing my eyes tightly because the pain was too much,thankfully I already had a handkerchief that I bandaged my feet with.

Walking at the gate,I took a cab that the security guard had gratefully called for me.

Soon I reached the apartment and took out the key,I don't want to disturb Mama if she might be asleep.

Turning around I saw that the light are off which means Mama is asleep that might be the effects of medicines.

Closing my bedroom door behind me,I went to the washroom and grabbed the first aid kit to disinfect the wound.

Opening up the wound,the cut was not much deep but still the blood didn't stop much so I started bandaging it again properly and had a pain killer to reduce the pain.Soon I was off to bed.

Happy Reading.Please vote and comment.
Stay healthy and safe
-Pihu