Chapter 16

Lia.

It has been exactly more than 2 weeks we have been married and Ezron has literally shown me what hell is.He gave me most stupendous tasks like making me clean every corner of the house everyday or else giving me his office work to check over the writings of file which are no more useful.

He has tried all the things to make me angry.My shop is being handled by someone else who is hired by him.I tried calling Eva but even my phone was taken by him so that I can do my work perfectly.

I know he is doing all this so that I would quit.But I will not because more than all this ridiculous things he is doing to cause me pain,I can see the way he hurts himself.I have seen the scars lining on his arm knowing very well that its like he has harmed himself with something sharp.I have seen the way he drinks alcohol to sleep.The way he hurts himself by punching the wall until his knuckle bleed.Though he has never done infront of me as he is always in study uptill I sleep.

It hurts me to see him in so much pain,how can someone handle that?

Why does it aches my heart to see him like this?

Maybe because he is my husband and it must be natural instict to worry right?

I know that even though I convince myself that I am bound by this relationship and thats what is also leading me to care for him but I know I am infatuated by that devil.

"I see you are still awake huh?"He said in a drunken voice.

At the rate he is drinking alcohol,it is like he wants to kill his self.

He walked towards the bed or more like stumbled forward almost tripping on my side but I shot forward and took hold of his arm.

He shook my hand away and leaned forward towards me making me half lay on the bed.

With him invading my space the smell of alcohol made me scrunch my face and set my heart into frantics as if the smell brought unwanted memories that I had buried deep.

Suddenly the chuckle made me open my eyes and connect it to those eyes that has given me sense of belonging despite it being cold and emotionless.

"I forgot that innocent birdie does not like the smell of her alcoholic husband"He said with a hiss turning away.

Why does he always misunderstands me.I imeediately grabbed his wrist stopping him.

He turned and glared at my hand on his wrist,I took away my hand and started twiddling with my thumb completely aware he is digging holes at me as well as listening.

"I-Its not your smell,its the alcohol"I gazed back up at him to see him staring back at me instantly "I am not big fan of it, it pains me"I said feeling those memories again coming back making my eyes watery.

He stared for few second and set down on my side of the completing almost leaving no space between us.

I backed a bit but suddenly he took hold of my thigh that was bare because of the pajama short I decided to wear today.The touch sent tingles all over my body that I had to clench my fist.

His lips hovered over mine
"Lia pain is all I have and pain you'll get if you stay with me."He said with a smirk with dar

If he thought that this would shake me than he is absolutely wrong.

I smiled and moved my hand towards his jaw caressing the slight subtle.

"I know.But atleast something is better than nothing so I'll take it.Now I think you should go to sleep"I said while tracing the dark circle beneath his eyes.