Chapter 23

Lia.

It has been exactly 3 days since I've returned to New York.Three days since I caught him on bed with that lady.Three days since those words still ringing in my ears.I really don't blame the woman because as much as she is responsible more than that Ezron is to be held for it. But hadn't he already stated that this whole relationship is nothing but an obligation.

Then why does it hurt so much?

I have already gone through those darkness and I am scared to go through it again then why does it seems worth it.I had thought a lot about the situation if I should go further with this relation or not?

Then I remembered the promise I made to Mama to help him.And that's what I am going to do now.Just help him and get out of his life.Nothing more bu-but my heart thuds at the thought of separating from him.I'll only fulfill my promise and not let this feeling take me to those pit of darkness again.

"Lia are you spacing out on me again"Amanda accused beside me.Oh yes finally Mr.Amazing in bed decided to give me my phone back.The bodyguard he had sent with me gave me the phone.The first thing I did was check up on Mama.Her treatment is going great.I wish I could visit her.We both almost cried while talking.She even asked how is it going between us.Not to stress her out ,I lied that we are doing great.The next call I made was to Amanda who had given me a good hearing about forgetting my favourite bestfriend.I rolled my eyes at that because she is my only best friend.She was soon to make the plan and directly came to the mansion to meet me.

I turned around and watched Amanda sitting with criss cross leg and a ice cream tub in her hand.She has been telling me all the gossips she had stored in the stomach for days and also tried to take out the details of Italy but I subtly avoided it.Don't want to involve her in my mess.

"- and that bitch has been keeping me on my toes to do all the work.I am telling you that I am going to pull out all her fake hair in front of the media.She just wants all the credit for my work."She said with her fiery eyes putting a big chunk of ice cream in her mouth.

I controlled myself to not laugh out at her funny expression right now.

"Why don't you start your own business?"I asked her the obvious question.

A look of sadness overtook her feature.
"I wish I could,you know I have been saving money for the same but there is no hope without connections.I have to work with her to build more network in the industry"She said while taking another spoonful of her ice cream.

A familiar michiveous voice sounded behind us making our head turn.
"Well I can help you with that kitten."Ezron's close friend,Mason stood leaning at the open door.

While I smiled at him,the person beside me didn't share the same feeling I guess as her lips formed a thin line.

"You"Amanda started while standing up from the place and so did I.
"Don't you know it is rude to eavedrops on someone's conversation,I could sue you for that"Amanda said standing on the same place.Oh no not again.She always goes for trouble everywhere.

Mason shrugged his shoulder and took a step in nearing where Amanda is standing.

"No angryheart that would be a waste of time.Also I am a lawyer remember?"He said smirking pocketing his both the hands.

"Yeah a corrupted one"She sassed back.

"Well I can corrupt many other things"He said smirking widely eyeing her up and down lazily.

"Why you-" She stepped forward raising her fist but I held her elbows before she can knock the teeth out of Mason.

She stepped back and huffed not before sneering at his way.Facing me she gave a smile to me and informed.
"Text me the address for dinner"She said taking her purse and icecream cream tub.

I nodded my head her way.She passed through me but the flirtatious man called her out.

"Atleast let me have that ice cream"He said as Amanda was about to step out of the door.She turned slowly with a sickly sweet smile.

"Sure"She said coming forward while I looked at her suspiciously.

"What the-"And just like that the word slipped out of Mason's mouth whose whole face was dripping with melted icecream.

"Have a taste"Amanda mocked turning back around.

"Fifth"Mason shouted beside me while Amanda flipped him the bird while walking out of the door.

Mason was clearing his face with a handkerchief.But the liquid had also ruined his shirt.

"Fifth?"I asked confusingly.

His eyes flickered upwards while wiping his face.
"Yeah this the fifth time she has thrown food on me.Everytime we meet she has to throw some sort of food on me"He said grinning at his own words.

"I am so sorry for her behaviour.She is a er strong woman and can be a bit aggressive"I said apologetically.

"A bit?"He chuckled raising his eyebrows.

A laugh slipped my mouth.
"I think you should clean up in the bathroom.I'll prepare a tea for you"I gestured at the bathroom.

Not long after Mason came back with a file in his hand
"Here"I gave him the tea and sat down on one of the chairs in tea area while he sat on the opposite one.His shirt was a bit clean now.

"How are you?"He asked while sipping the tea.

"I am fine"I said smiling warmly.

He stated"No you are not,I know how Ezron can be.When we met first he was this person who was annoyed even if a single person tried talk to him more than necessary.But I guess I made through that and made sure to annoy the hell out of him.I've seen what he hides through those barriers."

Pain.

I thought to myself.How can this person understand so better.Suddenly the familiar smirk took over his feature.

"Anyways I came to give this file to Ezron.I know he is not here but it is a confidential file so can't leave it at his office and also I am leaving for London tomorrow."He said giving the file to me.

"Please stay for lunch,it will soon be ready"I insisted.

"I wish I could but got this meeting to attend so have to leave now"He said smiling back.I nodded understandably

I went to see him off at the door.He turned around while reaching the door.
"Can I ask you a favour?"He asked hesitantly.I nodded my head encouragingly.

"Please don't give up on him"He said turning back around and leaving me shell shocked with his words.

I knew what he was talking about.But how I can make everyone understand even though my mind is giving all the logical reasons to not continue this, my heart is the one stopping me to not give up because there are many layers to Mr.Ezron Stone that are yet to be discovered.

Sighing I went to keep the file that seems very important in his study room.Reaching his study room I went in only to be astonished by it design and a wall of books on one side.The study room seem like a room designed from medieval age.Everything unique and brown rust coloured.Focusing back on the file.I opened the drawer and was about to keep in but a paper slipped out of it and fell down.

I bent down and picked it up.There on the paper was a medium size photo of a teenaged boy not more than 18.He was really handsome or cute with his light brown hairs and striking blue eyes.Something eerily seemed familiar about this picture as if I have seen the same pairs somewhere.Moving down there was information about the boy.

Name-Lucas Stone
Age-18
Height-6'1
Nationality-Italian.

I felt my eyes widened at the information.There were many other as school,blood group etc.But my eyes were solely stuck on his name.

Mr.Stone has a brother?
_________________________________________

Happy Reading.Please vote and comment.

What do you think about this new found information?

Stay safe
Stay healthy
-Pihu☆