Chapter 10 - Unleashed Rage

POV: Xisuma

Location: future site of the ceasefire flag on the HermitCraft season 6 server

"G-Grian," I stuttered, my eyes wider than before.

Everyone noticed why I was worried and all took a step back away from Grian.

Dangerous looking purple sparks of magic surrounded the heartbroken hermit, his hands aglow with purple light and his elytra producing light as well.

Grian looked down, his glowing purple eyes wide with heartache, and realized why everyone was so worried.

He looked up and met my gaze. I wanted to look away from the heartbroken hermit's gaze but I just couldn't.

He took a few breaths, seeming to calm down, and the magic mostly faded. However, his eyes remained purple as he turned to look at Ren.

Grian's glare looked deadly as he levelly met Ren's gaze. Purple met neon green, two types of magic connecting.

I glanced at my hand, thinking of my own light purple magic. I clenched my fist and looked back up at Grian and Ren.

The other hermits are going to get caught in the crossfire, I thought, terror creeping in during my realization.

I turned to look at them and they read the concern in my eyes. Everyone began to back away, except for a few.

With a grimace, a green-clothed hermit stomped up the hill with his sword in his hand.

"I'm helping," Iskall demanded.

I sighed a bit. "Fine," I said before looking back at Ren and Grian.

I glanced behind me and noticed Tango and Jevin coming up. "We are too," Tango said.

I sighed and didn't stop them.

Zedaph and Impulse ran up. "Tango, stop leaving us behind," Impulse said.

I heard Tango let out a frustrated sigh. "I guess I can't stop you," he said.

I ignored them and headed over to where Grian had dropped my helmet. I checked and saw that the jewel was still there. I sighed and set it back down before brandishing my sword and walking closer to Ren.

Ren attacked first, a sneer on his face. He raised his hand and thrust it down, a wave of green magic pushing everyone back except for Grian.

The red-clad hermit stood tall, his trident in hand. His face was one of fright and determination.

Ren raised a sword and thrust it down toward Grian.

He raised his trident and blocked the attack, pushing back. Pointing the tri-tip end to Ren, he focused his magic through the weapon and sent a blast at Ren.

The controlled hermit fell backward, his shirt blackened from the burst of magic.

He forced himself still, a growl forming in his throat. He raised his sword and pointed it at Grian, green magic blasting out the end.

Grian attempted to put up a shield but the burst of magic was too strong for it. It blasted through, hitting Grian in the chest.

He grunted in pain, leaning over as he stabilized himself with the bottom part of his trident. He gripped his chest, pain flashing through his expression.

I took a step forward, prepared to help.

He held up a hand, warning me to not come any further. I hesitated, knowing he wasn't going to let me help him.