The Goodbye ch.20

Misaki pulled herself up from the bloody floor. Olive. Her eyes were tearing up and red. Gorru. He was laying on the floor in his blood. Mike. He had an injured shoulder when the man that came for me threw him to the floor. Her flooding eyes turned to Roku who was laying unconscious on the floor. Roku. You saved me multiple times. But now... It's my fault you were injured. And what can I do? Nothing. I have never been able to protect anybody without guaranteeing my death. She remembered herself running from the cave for Lily, and showing herself to the man to protect who she thought was Hail. She wiped furiously at her tears. I need to leave. This is all my fault. If I stay I'll hurt them more. More demons will come. More demons will want to kill me. And being them they'll want to protect me. Misaki took a step away from Roku and her heart ached in pain, begging her to stop. Her body froze and Misaki stood still until she was sure that she could hear someone running to them. She tugged her body forward and ran. She dashed into the forest. Her heart pounded and screamed in agony. Turn back. Turn around. You know you don't want this. As much as her mind begged and demanded to be reunited with Roku, she kept her feet running. She ran until her feet gave out, her knees ached, her thighs were numb and her vision went black. I will not go back. I will not return. Please don't find me. I'll say it Roku. I like you. I really like you. I...I wanted to have a big happy family with you. And now it's gone. All of it. I don't even get to stay with you. I won't. I want you to know Roku. I want you. I like you. I wish things would've been different.