five

» five

"Why didn't you tell me you were dating Beckett?!" Mia's whiny voice fills my ears with blood. Why is she so loud? I glance around the cafeteria to see if anybody heard, and when I saw that Rowan was ignoring Gracie and staring at me from under his bangs, I wanted to get on top of the table and dance my heart out.

"I didn't want you to make a big deal about it." I said.

Mia sits beside me, pushing me softly with her shoulder. "Then where's the fun in that?"

Before I could reply, the bell rang, and Mia warns me if I don't tell her details about Beckett and I, she'll flip and cause a scene.

I head to my locker, putting in my combination I open it and a note falls out.

I hate notes, I don't think they're cute, I don't think they help situations, I think it's a waste of paper and time.

But one side of me, is screaming open it, it might be from Rowan. I shake my head at my conscious, not everything is about him. But I can't help it.

I open the note, my eyebrows scrunched together, and see that it - indeed, Rowan.

I smile in success.

Hey, Mel.
I was wondering if you could
come to Mrs. Daisy's room after
school for a little tutoring session?
Would mean a lot.
- rowan
PS: i like your hair like that.

I touch the ends of my hair and frown. It's down to my lower shoulders and I decided to flat iron it straight, but it kinda puffed up so it looks more like a mini afro. The fact that he complimented it, I decided to do it like this more often. Even if it looks electrocuted.

Beckett walks up behind me, wrapping his arms around me and whispers in my ear, "Whatcha' got there?" My eyes widen and I crumble the paper throwing it back into my locker, slamming it shut. "Some douche put a nasty letter in my locker, no big deal."

"You sure?" He asks.

I give him a quick smile, "Positive."

He kisses me and heads to Geometry, which is right in front of us.

I exhale the breath I didn't know I was holding. That was a close one.

------------------------

lol swag yolo set up chapter love them ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️