008. overpriced booty call

ミ★
"i was in too much of a good mood."

Despite the time he wasted going to New York and the millions of things he had to get done when he got back to LA, David was in a thoroughly good mood, which of course, did not go unnoticed by Natalie, Jason, and even Taylor. He was suddenly up for anything. He didn't even need Natalie to wake him up in the morning anymore, these days he's been really good at getting himself up and energized for his really crazy days.

At around noon, David was finally done with his meetings and was more than ready to have his lunch. Jason was already there and he had about an hour until he has to work on vlog footage.

"TAYLOR!" he called.

Taylor came looked at him and immediately gasped. "Oh my god! I'm so sorry I forgot to put in your lunch order, I got sidetracked by one of the business phone calls!"

Natalie and Jason was prepared to hear David groan and complain but they were shocked when David just waved his hand in dismissal and said, "Oh, okay don't worry about it just order it now."

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Jason asked incredulously.

"What?" David responded in confusion.

"Did that not bother you?"

"It's okay, I mean it's not like she did it on purpose."

"Holy shit," Natalie cursed, "Who are you and what have you done to the real David Dobrik?"

"What the fuck are you two on about now?"

"NO! No! You do not get to act as if nothing is wrong or different with you right now. Ever since you came back from  New York you've been shitting rainbows and butterflies every day! It's like NOTHING can make you upset!" Jason exclaimed dramatically.

David being David, ended up raising his voice a bit too, "Jason! Are you hearing yourself right now? You're literally being upset about me finally being happy."

"David, that's not even it! We're so happy that you're happy and just an easier person to be around with these days but at the same time it's freaking everybody out because you were the biggest pain in the ass just last week!" Natalie explained in a calmly manner. It was no secret that she's the level-headed one.

"What was in New York, Dave?" Jason asked seriously.

At first, David still tried his very best to not tell his friends anything, "Nothing! Nothing is in New York! I just needed something and it was only sold in the city."

"Wow, WOW! David that might be the biggest load of bullshit that has ever come out of your mouth." Jason was staring at him in disbelief. What could be so important that he couldn't tell them?

David sighed in defeat. He knew that if he didn't say it now, his friends are going to try to find out what's been going on behind his back.

"I-I-I've been talking to this girl," David finally let out, "she was in New York last week."

"Oh my god! You went to New York for an overpriced booty call with a girl?" Nat accused, looking genuinely upset.

David quickly objected, "She's not just some girl, Nat. It wasn't a random hook-up. I really like her."

This shut everybody up. It has been a really long time since David had any kind of interest in a girl. He had had his fair share of hook-ups, yes, but it's never been anything more than that. He was considering going on an actual date with Madison Beer awhile ago, but he realized that he was lying to himself if he genuinely thought that Madison and him would be a good match.

Natalie broke the silence with "What does that mean, David? Do you have a girlfriend now? Should we talk to Megan and Jack? Who is she?"

"That!" David pointed to Natalie, "That, is why I didn't want to tell you guys. Look, you guys are the best fucking friends I could ever ask for but the minute I tell you about this it becomes something else, it becomes this problem or situation that needs planning, strategies, and timeline and I don't want that for myself right now. This girl and I are not even an actual thing yet, so please, please, don't make this bigger than it actually is."

"Okay, we won't tell anyone yet, we'll back off. But, Dave, you've gotta get you shit together. You can't let yourself be so affected by one person, you're not a teenager anymore," Jason advised.

David immediately knew that Jason was right. He cannot just let Aubrey have that much control over him, he cannot be this whipped already. He's gotta get a hold of himself, because right now he's definitely been acting like he's a silly teenager so over the moon about a potential girlfriend.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

IMESSAGE !

davee
i just told my friends about us
well, jason and nat
and maybe taylor

aubree
i thought you said you didn't wanna tell them?

davee
yeah they forced it out of me
apparently i was in too
much of a good mood

aubree
AHAHHAH dave that's so cute

davee
i miss u a lot :(

aubree
i miss u a lot too :(

davee
i can't wait to have you
here bree
aubree
what are you doing rn?

davee
we're still figuring out what
we want to do today

aubree
oh ur busy
i'll leave you to it then
i need to catch up on some
sleep anyways

davee
mkayy
will u accompany me edit
later? 🥺🥺

aubree
of course bubs

That was how most of their days were spent lately. They'd talk during the most random times of the day then proceed to have an hour or two long facetimes when David was editing late at night while Aubrey is getting ready for the day. It's now practically a routine for Aubrey to enjoy her breakfast with David.

They were really trying their best to make things work.