058. ghost

ミ★
"she's back."

It has been two months since the Bali trip. Days were starting to get even hotter in the California summer. It's become impossible to stay outside for a longer period of time, and yet, Natalie Mariduena still found herself walking down the Grove all day trying to look for a great birthday present for her sisters.

Ever since she started her own fashion line, work has been really different for her. The hours were better than when she worked with David but the job was definitely harder.

When David jumped into the whole TV/Netflix scene, Natalie was very happy for him, but she started to really question what she was doing with her life. Not wanting to follow David around like a lost puppy, she decided to resign her position from David Dobrik, Llc and paved her own path to success.

Things have been going well for the most part. She loved what she was doing and she loved the apartment that she got. At least this way Todd will be able to come over and hang without a camera being shoved in his face every five seconds.

Natalie was about ready to give up on her search when she saw Tiffany. Growing up, Natalie never got anything luxurious, seeing her mom was a single mother of three. Now, as her career's taking off, she can definitely afford the fancy things in life and then some. With that in mind, she decided to take a page out of David's book and buy something really nice for her sister.

She was the only one in the store, which made her super relieved because she hated being watched while she was buying anything. Thankfully, the store clerks recognized her so they escorted her to a more private area where she can pick and choose in peace.

Natalie was so grateful that Tiffany's had a really amazing collection and it didn't take her a long time to pick out something. Her sister was definitely going to freak.

The latina was just about to walk to her car when another girl caught her eye. She was far ahead on the opposite way she was heading, but her beautiful long brown hair was so distinct that Natalie knew exactly who it was.

There was no way she was going to miss the chance to talk to her so Natalie desperately tried to run after her. She'd yell out her name but it would only result in another trashy gossip page on Instagram.

To Nat's luck, the girl she was chasing after stopped at the window of a store for a moment, giving her enough time to catch up.

Without another thought, she tapped the girl on the shoulder.

Caught by surprise, Aubrey Hughes spun around swiftly.

"Natalie?" She asked surprised.

"Aubrey," The girl sighed in disbelief. It's been way too long. She could only hope that Aubrey wasn't going to run away.

However, the heiress shocked her when she said, "I know you're angry so please just slap me already, I don't mind."

"What? No."

"No?"

"I'm not going to slap you Aubrey, I'm not angry. To be honest, I'm really happy to see you," Natalie truthfully responded.

"You are?"

"Of course, you're my best friend. I missed you."

Aubrey almost cried in happiness when she heard that, pulling Natalie into a hug.

"Nat, you don't know how sorry I am for leaving like that. I miss you so much, god."

"Oh my god, A, stop you're going to make me cry."