051. comeback

ミ★
"hey dave, congratulations!"

VARIETY !

How David Dobrik's show is changing
the game for every influencer out there

OVER THE YEARS, we have seen a lot of social media stars tried to establish their own brand in the mainstream media through acting, hosting, and even becoming a real signed artist, or if you're Lily Singh, then you might be lucky enough to have your own talkshow.

David Dobrik (26), thought that being a late night host was going to be his endgame, but this ultimately changed when Netflix came knocking at his door with an unprecedented opportunity.

In the midst of a very big scandal and a mysterious split with Aubrey Hughes, the Slovakia born YouTuber rose from the ashes and had the biggest comeback when he reinvented himself as a TV star.

The first season of "CLICKBAIT" came out just a year ago and it would only be truthful to say that it has reached success beyond any expectations that has been set. David's charm and fun personality seemed to have successfully transferred his millions of YouTube viewers to his show, breaking many records on their first season.

The show's structure is actually very similar to his vlogs, as it features him and his friends embarking on their infamous misadventures and bits, they seem to want to stick to what they know. Aside from that, the show would also have various never-seen-before games that they'd all play together. Additionally, in an attempt to spice things up, the show would feature some of Hollywood's biggest stars and bring them to the weirdest scenarios.

Along with the show, a digital exclusive would also be presented in the form of YouTube videos in Dobrik's channel, giving the viewers a behind-the-scenes of the show production. This is a very smart move on his part, since it gives the fans the chance to still experience the YouTuber David that they all knew and loved.

This simple and blunt approach seemed to work since the show became a massive hit amongst all ages and got a renewal deal from Netflix just a week after it first came out.

As Dobrik gained more popularity, it becomes clear that he is no longer just another social media star. With about a bazillion opportunities being presented to the native Chicago personality right now, it might be appropriate to say that David Dobrik is now a well established and respected celebrity.

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

"TAYLOR!!" David called his assistant.

"Yes?" The girl came into his Hollywood office that David now works in.

"Do we still have that dinner with the gang tonight?"

"Yeah, we have to leave soon actually, it's in Malibu."

David groaned, running his hands through his hair, "Fuck."

"Dave, you can't ditch again, Natalie will come for you."

"I know, I know, I'm just so fucking exhausted."

And he was, he's been at the office since 9 am that morning with his creative team trying to figure out new bits and skits that will be included in his show's next season that will start filming next month. He had a lot of strings to to tie in and very little time to do it.