Chapter 2

Minamahal

He just came home from the office to hire another set of security detail. He believes in their capabilities now and he needs them. Lots of them.

Max turned on his TV and searched the interview that someone recommended him. It's Michelle Obama's interview with Oprah Winfrey. While the interview was on going, he prepared his food.

Undoubtedly, the Obamas are the leaders that we should look up to in this world. They were not pretentious nor afraid to do what is right. Michelle Obama was right when she said that her husband was ready to be the President of the United Stated of America but the people were not ready for him. Barack wanted real change and he wanted it in his country. He served for eight long years, working hard while the republicans are trying to find a hole in him so that they can file for impeachment.

The Obamas made history. They were the first African-American to be able to call the White House their home. And also, they made the people feel that they are not politicians because they are public servants. It is their honor and their duty to serve the people. So, even years after their term at the office of the USA, they still make change. Michelle is out there raising funds for the education of girls all over the world then Barack who's training youth on how to be a good and effective leaders in the future.

Max hoped that he's still alive and able to vote when someone like the Obamas will be running for the highest position in this country.

Minsan, mapapa-Sana all ka nalang talaga.

He settled on his sofa and placed his food at the table in front of him. His phone beeped.

Messages
Minamahal
Just finished taking a shower. Will finish paperworks then sleep na. Home ka na?

Max smiled and replied to her first before eating. She never failed to make him smile. Even the smallest things about her makes his heart flutter. She's just naturally sweet.

Messages
To: Minamahal
Home na. I'm eating while watching your recommendation. Go and finish your work na so that you can sleep early. I'll see you tomorrow. I love you.

Messages
Minamahal
Okay. You also. Take a rest and sleep tight. I love you! 🥺💕

The security details are around his house right now to make sure that he's still awake tomorrow morning. He sighed as he remembered what happened at the university.

"The nerve of that Del Monte. Basagin ko kaya mukha niya gamit yung bote ng Del Monte ketchup," He whispered to himself and shook his head at his own corny joke.

Only his lady gets to hear him joke around and laugh (silently).

Their relationship is not a secret but they like it private. There are things that they would like to keep within themselves and that one is their relationship.

On the other hand, Celine just finished checking the reflection papers of her students. She closed her eyes for a moment, resting them from all the reading she did. Just imagine checking 57 reflection papers and dealing with different kind of penmanship. She stretched her arms and back, and finally after fixing her office, she was able to lay beside her daughter who's sleeping deeply.

Her heart ached every time she sees her daughter cries. Celine tried her best to be civil with her father but it doesn't work that easily when the co-creator is inauthentic and pretentious.

It wasn't a long time ago, she was already halfway through her Doctorate degree and she'll be done. She was only 27 back then and she was an achiever. Celine never slowed down, she just kept on moving forward.