Chapter 18

Note: There are some scenes in this chapter that are not suitable for your audiences. You may skip that part or this chapter. For those who wish to read it, read responsibly and with understanding. As you read the scene/chapter, bear in mind that this is purely fictional and a product of the author's creative mind. Again, read responsibly.

Closer

Max woke up with Celine hugging him and her face on the crook of his neck. It's Christmas and they're at his mother's home. They spent the Noche Buena there and slept late for preparing all the food that they will be serving today. What he noticed about Celine is that she's a deep sleeper. She doesn't wake up that easily especially when she slept late but the bad thing when she wakes up in the middle of the night is that she won't be able to go back to sleep again.

He looked around the room to look for Honey but looks like the little girl already went out to join her cousins at the breakfast table. He can already hear laughs outside their room from his family.

"What time is it?" Celine whispered her eyes still closed as she moved closer and hugging him tighter.

Max looked at the wall clock. "It's just 8AM. Go back to sleep, babes."

"Kung kaya ko lang, why not." Celine whispered that made him chuckled.

"Good morning, babes." Max greeted and kissed her forehead.

"Good morning. Merry Christmas, lover." She opened her eyes saw how beautiful her sight is.

They have slept for a couple of times already and she isn't still used to waking up with a gorgeous human being like him. Isn't it unfair that he wakes up always in a beautiful state? Sana all woke up like this.

Celines groaned while staring at his beautiful face. "Can I put you to jail for being this beautiful at an early hour?"

"Then I guess I'll tag you along with me. You take my breath away, lover, every single time." Max said and kissed her nose.

Christmas is something kids that always look forward to, even adults who are young at heart. This is the time where everyone gets together and enjoy the most festive time of the year. Filipinos have the longest Christmas Season where as early as September 1st you'll start hearing Jose Marie Chan on the radios, malls, simply everywhere.

Max was never fond of Christmas before. He always thought that it's just for those who have a complete and happy family. He has always felt a void in his heart for not having his father beside him. He grew up without a father. His father went to San. Francisco to work and he never returned. He married an American Citizen to have a green card and he never returned to their family. That's why Max hated Christmas. It used to be fun and all not until their family was shuttered. He appreciates the effort of the Bidens side to make it up to the lose of their father but of course it would always be different to have him around.

It was Max who went out first to see what's going on outside. Everyone are still on their pajamas. The kids are playing around the house while the adults are at the kitchen enjoying the goodies that Akira made. Akira is probably one of his closest cousins that stayed in touch with him through out the years. She generously gives them baked goodies.

"Oy! Ang aga mo ngayon ah. Pumunta ka na ba sa Nanay mo?" He said and gave his cousin a buss on the cheek.

Akira smiled then shook her head. "Mamaya na kapag wala na 'yung step siblings ko roon."

Max laughed and tapped her head. "Pasaway."

"Hijo, pakilagay nalang d'yan. Ito naman kasing si Akira pinapataba ata kami sa mga dala." Julie said pertaining to the guy who's bringing two box of cakes that Akira also baked for the family.