Chapter 5

Signed. Sealed. Delivered.

Celine can't believe it. She has not yet moved on from last night. She woke up and looked at the bedside table where she placed the box and the letter. It's only 4AM. Too early for their 8AM seminar.

She's over the moon. No one can't deny that she's happy. She's really happy. They have been talking about it for quite a long time and it's just the perfect timing.

Not being able to force herself to sleep again, Celine opened her lamp and reached for the letter. It was written in a white notepad. Maybe he wrote it while he was in the office.

"I fell in love with her courage, her sincerity and her flaming self respect. And it's these things that I believe in, even if the whole world indulged in wild suspicions that she wasn't all she should be.

I love her and that is the beginning of everything." -F. Scott Fritzgerald

Read that on a paper you prepared for your students, Ma'am. And I think it's beautiful.

It's our 29th today, lover. Twenty-nine months since you said yes to me and it has been that long since I wanted to be a better person for you and your daughter. I am no superhero or God, and I cannot promise a perfect life for I am not even close to perfection at all. But what I can promise is to choose you every single day. I have and will always be in awe as I discover more things about you every single day. I fall for you each day, lover.

The way we love each other is way beyond love can even define. We're way over romantic. We're best friends. We're partners. Our love may be boring but it is fierce and bold.

It has been two years and five months, lover and I can't wait for more. Yes, I am demanding for more. More breakfast meals with you and someday I hope, I'll be able to share all my lunches and dinners with you too. I can't wait to formally take you out on a date, catch a movie with you, drive you to work, help you on your groceries and take you home with me.

Time will come and it'll be well. All will fall into their right places just like how I fell for the right person at the right time.

Thank you for showing me what real love means. You as a mother to Honey is what real means, Lover. You are your own superhero and you deserve nothing but happiness and gladness in this world.

I'm in an infinite journey as long as you both shall live. Take my hand, lover, and guide me as we unfold the unending mystery of our love.

I never lied to you until the day I bought this ring. I had it at our first anniversary but I thought that you weren't ready that time yet. Now, wear it anytime you're ready.

Wear the ring when you're ready, Lover. I would never want to put you on the spot and force you to say yes to me.

It's cold as ice yet it is made with my scorching love.

Bughaw gaya ng dagat sapagkat walang hangganan. Asahan mong ganoon din ang pag-sinta ko sa 'yo.

Iibigin ka nang walang pagtatanong at kondisyon. Ikaw kahapon, bukas hanggang sa aking huling hininga. Pangalan mo at wala nang iba ang handang makasama habang buhay.

Will you marry me, lover?

I love you. Very much. Always and all in ways.

Wear it when your heart and mind have teamed up to say yes.

Happy 29th to us, lover!

Your lovesick lover,
Atty. Ariel Maximillian Biden