Chapter 14

Note: There are some scenes in this chapter that are not suitable for your audiences. You may skip that part or this chapter. For those who wish to read it, read responsibly and with understanding. As you read the scene/chapter, bear in mind that this is purely fictional and a product of the author's creative mind. Again, read responsibly.

Joy

Have you ever felt like the weight on shoulders was lifted? Like they were floating in the air and everything's perfect because that is what Max and Celine are feeling right now. He asked her if she could sit beside him at their table, with the Mamangs permission of course, and now here they are, sitting side by side, Max's arm resting on her chair as they listen to his high school classmates' story of growing up.

A lot has changed and everyone seemed to be happy on where they are right now. They all succeed in their own little way. Everyone is happy and contented. Succeeding doesn't necessarily means blowing up your bank account with your saving or having a nice car and a mansion. It means being able to do what you are passionate about while being happy without depending on to someone.

"Walangya 'yung mag-jowang 'yun, ginawang engagement party itong homecoming event." Vincent said still shock from the news as they watch Celine and Max from afar.

Emily chuckled. "Na-trigger si Celine 'eh. Let's just say na pinagdadamot ng kaibigan natin si Max."

"Talagang pinag-damot! Tinago pa nga 'eh." Francine chuckled.

"But look at them. They look so relax, at peace, at home with each other. Just by looking at them, you'd know that they are happy." Emily said and sipped on her wine.

"Pero bago tayo magkalimutan. Money down! 5k each kayo, talo kayo sa pustahan." Francine said and laid her hand before them.

They had a bet. Emily and Vincent said that whoever Celine's fiancé is not part of their circle or someone they really know because that is just impossible to keep while on the other hand, Francine believed that the guy who their friend is going out with is someone they really know.

"Nagpalagay ka ng CCTV sa bahay ni Celine 'no!" Vincent accused as he took out his wallet and handed five one thousand peso bills to Francine.

"Hindi 'no! I just know Celine. She won't go out, secretly pa ah, with someone she doesn't really know." Francine said as Emily laid the money on her hand.

Kumitang pangkabuhayan na naman siya. "Ikaw kasing vakla ka, alam mo naman pala na kasama niya noong isang gabi bakit hindi mo man lang hinintay umuwi tutal andoon ka na sa bahay bago ka man lang sana natulog 'di ba?!"

Vincent scratched the back of his nape, "Eh sa inaantok na kasi talaga ako tsaka kasama ko si Anna nung gabing 'yon."

"Ang sabihin mo, nasilaw ka sa Xbox!" Emily said remembering that Celine promised to buy the couple an Xbox in exchange of looking after Honey while she visits her boyfriend.

Celine was sitting comfortably beside Max, leaning her back on his arm. He pulled her closer and she rested her hand on his lap.

"What time are we going home?" Max whispered.

"After everything pa. I will stay with the council hanggang sa maka-alis lang naman 'yung mga caters and lights and sound. Kami kasi ang magbabayad." Celine explained.

Max nodded. "Did you bring your car?" Celine shook her head. He kissed her temple, "Okay. I'll bring you home with me tonight, lover."

It's amazing how it feels that they can do these stuff now. Hindi na limitado ngayon kung sino ang nakakakita sa kanila. Hindi na lamang ang mga kaldero at refrigerator ang saksi sa pagmamahalan nila.