Chapter 17

Memories

Max just finished reading all the papers he needs to review for tomorrow's hearing. He double checked the door, making sure that it's locked. Turning off all the lights he then went straight to Celine's room. He smiled at the sight of Celine sleeping together.

Honey did not want to be separated from her mother after what happened. She was just clinging to Celine the whole time. She was hugging Celine as they sleep, her legs on top of hers, she was like a koala clinging to a branch.

He kissed them both on their foreheads before turning off the lampshade and taking his place beside them.

A lot of people are still doubting on what is going on with their lives right now, even him, he doesn't know where this journey will take them. Both Celine and him, they are doing this for the peace of their hearts and for Honey's welfare.

As parents, they don't want Honey to grow in an environment that is filled with hate and anger. They want her to be surrounded with love, happiness and reality. Their family may not conventional but this is the new normal now for them. They still haven't spoke with Justine about his plans on being a father to Celine but everything shall be talked and thought of thoroughly. Every decision that they will make will reflect on Honey.

Honey was sitting on Celine's lap as they wait for their order at Roberto's Steak House where they will be having their dinner. It's a Friday that's why they decided to eat out. Max smiled as he watches the mother and daughter talk.

He's also glad that Honey liked the gift that Justine gave her though she was hesitant at first to take it but with Celine explaining Honey gladly accepted it. She even brought it with her on the car. What they have discovered recently is that Honey likes soft things. She appreciates all the stuffed toys that she received during her birthday. According to the Ninangs, it's the safest thing to give her.

Messages
To: Justine Del Monte
Honey liked the gift. She said thank you.

"Teacher gave us biscuits earlier because we all performed well at our P

"Teacher gave us biscuits earlier because we all performed well at our P.E. class." Honey said while hugging Celine. She's sitting on her lap facing Celine.

"Wow! That's great. It's almost Christmas, babe." Celine said that made her smile wider.

"Yes! And we will be spending Christmas at Lola Julie's. It's not just the both of us this year, Mommy."

For years, Celine and Honey spent Christmas on their own. Of course Ninangs have their own families as well and Celine's family is in the States for his father's medication, it's just recently that they came back.

Truly, this year is filled with surprises. They have done big steps in their lives and Celine is proud of how much they've grown as an individuals, as a couple and as a family. She never thought that Max' heart could be this big. He has always been so understanding with everything that it makes her heart melt.