Chapter 6

Lights to the Future

Daddy Duties: Day 4 of 5

Their day started a little late for the both of them since Honey won't be going to school. Max planned to explore more things for her. He wants to know more about her.

Max woke up from the constant ringing of his phone. He got up and saw that it's Celine calling. He answered it right away and her voice definitely completed her day.

"Good morning, lover!" Celine said on the other line sounding like she just drank coffee. So much energy for an early morning.

"Did I wake you up? Sorry, lover." Celine chuckled and he just smiled.

"Good morning to the most beautiful lady. Yes, but it's okay. Hindi pa ako nakakapagluto ng almusal namin ni Honey." Max said and looked at Honey who's still sleeping beside him.

"Okay lang 'yun. She'll eat whatever you'll give her naman." Celine said and he heard the Ninangs on the background.

"You're with the Ninangs at this early hour?" Celine giggled.

"Oh yes they are here! Nakiki-kwarto 'yung dalawang Mamang or more like, nakikichismis." Max chuckled with that. Of course he knows that it's him who's they are trying to get information of.

"Konti nalang iisipin ko na crush ako ng mga Ninangs if I don't know them." Max joked that made Celine laugh out loud.

"Okay lang 'yung maraming may crush sa'yo. You're crazy in love naman with me, lover." Celine said that earned a lot of teasing on the background.

"I love the confidence, lover. I love it."

"The confidence came from constant assurances from you, lover. I could not ask for more. It's like Lord molded you just for me." Celine said and he heard that she's walking away from the Ninangs already or they'll have to talk with an audience.

"One more day and I get to see you again. Architect contacted me about the colors of the walls, we should decide by next week." Max said and got out of bed.

"Oh yes. Let's talk about it when I get home. The furnitures that we have agreed are on process now. Since we customized almost everything, it might take a while." Celine explained.

"That's fine. Matagal-tagal pa naman before we can actually move them in sa bahay. Baka next week I'll go there to visit and take a look at the progress." Max said on the other line.

At their second anniversary, they started to build their home. Their own home. It was something that they have always wanted. Something that is far from the city and the chaos. Since day one, that has been their greatest wish; to find peacefulness. And Celine and Max did not hesitate to build their own home when someone offered a property to Max. It's far away from everyone. A paradise of their own then they started to materialize their plan and now, they are halfway through it. Before they reach their third anniversary, by that time, their home is already done. Ready to cater them, to open new chapters of their lives there and to make new memories.

"It's finally happening, lover. Our plans are happening. Hindi tayo drawing as my students would say." Celine said that made Max laugh.

"Galingan natin ang pagkulay para maganda ang kalabasan, lover."

There was a silence. A comforting silence. "Wish me luck, lover. I'm nervous."

"Don't be. You're a great speaker. They wanted you to speak again, just means that a lot are wanting to hear more of you. In case you don't know, you are inspiring, my love. Your words are powerful, use that to empower people. You've got what it takes to uplift the youth. Flatten the curve that they are following." Max stated. He always knows what to say whenever she's in doubt. He knows her very well to know the right words that will wrap her heart in an easing state.