Chapter 16

Beautiful Hearts

Max and Celine arrived fashionably late at the event. The party has already started. They weren't supposed to attend the engagement party thinking that it would just make a commotion to everyone. Imagine, inviting your ex, not just ex but the mother of your child-slash-the one who putted you to jail to your engagement party but the Governor's staff made sure that they would come, sending them emails repeatedly saying that the soon to be bride would like to meet the both of them.

Celine and Max thought that it would also be a great chance to talk to Justine about Jennifer Honey, only if he is willing to and is open minded. And also, James, Justine's brother texted Celine to come. They left Honey with Anna and Vincent telling her that they would meet with her father. The little girl just nodded and told them to take care.

Worst comes worst, Max will step up his game.

Some of Justine and Stella's staff were assigned to wait for them, telling the couple that they are the VIP of the event

Some of Justine and Stella's staff were assigned to wait for them, telling the couple that they are the VIP of the event. Celine gulped when she heard that, silently praying that this shall turn out just fine.

The moment they stepped inside the grand ballroom of Royce Hotel a very familiar song played in the background. It's like Celine have stepped on the play button when she entered the hall.

They were assisted to the table next to Justine's family. The whole table was just for the both of them, the two other seats in front ate vacant.

"I love this song." Max commented.

Celine looked at him with a questioning look.

"What? It talks about the love of my life..." Max said and hummed with the song.

"You don't like the song?"

Celine shook her head.

"That's Justine's song for me. He used to sing that a lot back then saying that it is his song for me. Sabi niya the song narrates his feelings for me which I find weird." Celine explained.

"A lot of people said that Freddie Mercury wrote that song for the love of his life which is Mary." Max said.

"Which he did not end up with. This song speaks about a love that didn't make it to the finish line." Celine even sang the first two lines of the song to prove her point. "That's why I was never a fan of this song."

"It's Justine's song for you." A lady said that made them turn their heads towards her.

Justine was watching Max and Celine from the second floor. He was there when they arrived. The fact that they look stunning together makes his heart bleed. The moment they walked in, his song for her played.

He used to sing that song a lot for her though she didn't really liked it. For him, the song symbolizes a love that is lasting.

Nagmamahal kahit hindi minamahal pabalik. Isang pagmamahal na kahit masaktan ka, ayos lang basta masaya siya.