Chapter 30

Darkness

Max and Celine took the opportunity to visit the Bidens while Honey and Cocoa went on a playdate with Justine and his kids. They wanted to let Honey know her father without them around. It is also his right to spend time with Honey as her father.

Though Justine has been finding the right time on telling Honey about it, he can't seem have the courage to do it. Everything is perfect and he just can't loose what he has right now.

Max and Celine walk hand in hand as they stepped out of the car. Celine and Max looked at each other when they saw there's another car parked outside Julie's home.

"May bagong sasakyan si Charxie?" Celine asked as they looked at the car.

Max shook his head.

"I called her kanina and she said that they'll be out of town for the weekend. Sila ng mga bata kasi umuwi si Bon galing ibang bansa." Max said.

The maid happily greeted them.

"Kanino sasakyan yung nasa labas?" Max asked as he handed the maid the food they brought.

"Hindi ko rin po kilala, Sir pero kanina pa hong umaga and'yan yung bisita ni Ma'am Julie." The maid said.

"May bagong amiga si Mama?" Celine asked and chuckled.

"Ay, Ma'am hindi po siguro amiga ni Ma'am Julie 'yon. Lalaki po 'eh." The maid said before excusing herself to go to the kitchen.

Celine looked at Max' puzzled face. "Hala, babes, may manliligaw na si Mama."

"Don't tell me, kung kailan tumanda tsaka pa humarot itong si Mama." Max said and scratched his head.

"Grabe ka naman! Malay mo naman old friend lang." Celine said and pinched his cheeks.

"Ang anak ni Mama masyadong protective!" She added.

Right in time Manang Lucing enters the home. Max' helps her with all the groceries she's carrying. Manang Lucing is an old friend of his mother who they hired to help her maintain the house. She just comes over during the weekends to the groceries and gardening.

"Manang sino yung manliligaw ni Mama?" Celine asked teasing Max who's frowning at her as they help the maids fix the groceries at the pantry and fridge.

"Hindi manliligaw. Bakit manliligaw ang asawa?" Manang Lucing said that made Celine and Max stop from whatever they were doing.

Max felt his while system stopped. It has been three decades and he's back, for what? Celine saw how her husband's expression changed. It felt like they have awaken the dragon in him. It's one of the things that Celine never wanted to see in him. He moved to his side and held his arms and rubbed it.

"Max?" Celine called out to his husband, trying to calm him down.

For years, they never heard something about his father after he went to the States where he married an American Citizen and built his own family and forgot about them. Siya ang unang dahilan kung bakit naghirap sila sa buhay. Ang sabi ni Arnel ay pumunta siya doon para gumaan ang buhay nila pero nang maka-alis na ito ang siyng simula ng pagkakada-letse-letse ng buhay nila.

Ganon kadali at tinalikuran niya ang pamilyang iniwan niy sa Pilipinas habang nagpapakasarap siya sa buhay niya sa Pilipinas. Max is trying to be the best father to his children because he doesn't want them to grow up like him. Habang lumalaki siya, hindi niya alam kung ano ba ang pakiramdam ng merong ama. He only has a memory of him and that memory is Arnel leaving and promising to come back, and he never returned.