Chapter 4

Daddy's love

Daddy Duties: Day 2 of 5

Max woke up early to prepare everything from breakfast up to Cinnamon Roll's outfit. He'll surely suggest that Celine should enroll her to an academe that requires uniform. It stresses him out to pair her clothes. Celine packed a variety of clothes and he doesn't have any idea how to style a kid. Maybe he can for Celine because she just usually wears a dress not with a kid that is very meticulous when it comes to pairing her clothes.

He also prepared her lunch and Celine gave him a note of what she eats and she doesn't eat. He doesn't have a problem with that, he can cook. He even searched for bento box meals and tried doing it besides, it's not that hard and the only thing that's on the list that she doesn't and is not allowed to eat is shrimps. Honey is allergic with that, same with him.

Preparing breakfast is his thing. He mastered the cooking of breakfast foods when he and Celine started having breakfast dates. That's the only time they have.

4AM breakfast is the best kind of breakfast especially when you're sharing it with the one you love. He doesn't use his car when he goes to her at dawn, he uses his bicycle.

Messages
Minamahal
The one thing that stresses me out is dressing up Cinnamon Roll. Good morning, lover.

"Good morning, future daddy." Max smiled with what she called her.

Honey woke up 15 minutes earlier than his alarm for her. At a young age, she has already built her own body clock. He picked her up and kissed the side of her head. Maybe being a daddy doesn't really suck at all. There's really something that is touching his heart every time he looks at Honey.

"Good morning, little miss. Breakfast is served. Mommy said that you like strawberries that's why we'll be having oats with strawberries. You like that?" Honey nodded and encircled her arms around his neck.

No one can deny that she's still a baby. That's one of the misconceptions about Cinnamon Roll, it doesn't mean that she's smart and thinks years advance than her age is that she's not a kid anymore, but for Max and Celine and the Ninangs, she'll always be their baby. Smart baby.

"I like your cooking. You cook like mommy. Thank you for cooking breakfast." Honey said when she tasted what he has prepared for her.

"You're very much welcome, little miss." Max said and started eating as well.

"You have work?" Honey started.

Ang agang cross examination.

"Yes, I have. But I'm on a leave to rest." Honey nodded and looked at him like she still has a lot more questions to ask.

"Uhm, how can you rest if you're taking care of me?"

"Being with you and mommy is what is rest for me." Max wasn't sure if Cinnamon Roll got her point but she didn't further questions about that.

"What do you do for a living?

"I'm a lawyer. I defend people from other people. I stand for what is right." He saw how her eyes light up when she heard that he is a lawyer.

"Really?! Michelle Obama is a lawyer too! I want to be a lawyer when I grow up. Can you teach me law? Please? Please? Pretty please, dad?" Honey's energy suddenly shoot up to it's highest level.

And she called her Dad...

Max can never stop loving this kid. She is his official baby.

"I can call you that, right?" Honey asked. Max nodded right away and beamed at the little girl.