Chapter 13

Honesty

Honey is very pleased to see Max again. She even welcomed him with a kiss and a hug. The bond that they have developed over a short period of time makes Celine's heart stops.

"Teacher said that I will be advancing to Grade 4 next school year, Daddy. Isn't that great?" Honey shared as they enjoy the food that Celine prepared.

She was able to prepare a simple dinner for the three of them. Since tomorrow is still a school day, Honey still needs to sleep according to her bedtime but the parents agreed that they can watch one movie with her.

"That's great, babe! But won't you miss your classmates when you transfer to another level?" Max asked her and wiped the side of her lips.

"No, because I will still see them. Hindi naman sila mawawala. I'll just be transferring to another classroom. We can still see each other during lunch breaks. I'll make time for them." That's the same thing that Celine said.

Time is one of the best gifts that a person can receive. We never know when our journey will end in this world. We never know how much time we have left in us. Time is as precious as gold. Hindi nabibili ang oras. We cannot extend our time here on earth.

When Celine knew about her pregnancy, she already considered her life as a walking prayer. She just hoped that every step that she takes, it's for the better.

"Mommy also said that she'll be transferring me to a bigger school when I do great until I graduate elementary." Honey said. The kid really enjoys learning and that makes the parents happy. Maybe because it's the environment that she grew up with or it is something that she inherited from her mother, or she was just born to love learning.

"Wow! I'm sure that will happen. Mommy must have been working really hard to send you to great schools, huh?"

Honey nodded her head happily. "Yes. That's why I study hard because I see Mommy also work hard."

Celine smiled at that. Her daughter has been the most appreciative girl that she has ever met. There would be times that she would wake up in the middle of the night and would just come to her in her home office and sleep in her arms as she does her work.

She knew, the moment Honey came out of her womb that life wouldn't be the same again. It's not easy to mold someone to become their own human being but it's fun. It's fun to watch as they grow up as their own human being and appreciate everything that is beautiful about them and what makes them different.

It's hard but it's fulfilling.

They all transferred to Honey's room to continue their little celebration. The kid is very pleased that they are all together again.

Celine and Honey were already setting up the TV when Max came in with the cakes and a little bouquet of flowers. Celine chuckled knowing that the flowers are not for her but it's for the little one. Honey has been wanting to receive flowers but Celine hasn't found the right occasion to do so. Maybe this little celebration is not just for them as a couple but also for them as a family.

"Wow, flowers!" Honey said while looking up at Max. They were both sitting at the floor and Max joined them.

"Yes! And these are for you!" Max enthusiastically said and gave her the flowers.

"Thank you, Daddy! These are too pretty!" Honey said as she took the flowers in her hand.