Chapter 23

Maximus

Honey is the happiest when she knew about Celine's pregnancy. The big sister never wanted to leave her side. She was always beside her whatever she was doing, whether she was checking papers or playing video games, she didn't left her side.

Celine is on her seventh month of pregnancy and Max can finally breathe a little knowing that the morning sickness is already done. His wife's first trimester was the worst, also explaining why she was always up early for the first two months. She would always end up in the bathroom puking and there are times that she felt like the whole world is spinning around forcing her to skip some of her classes.

Everyone has been very cooperative to her pregnancy and even her baby. Even though they don't believe her that her pregnancy this is time way easier than the first one, for her it is, maybe because she doesn't have to think of a lot of things this time. All she needs to prepare is herself and her baby.

Celine went out of the bathroom, fresh from bath after her thirty-minute workout everyday. It is a must for pregnant mommies to workout, it helps a lot on giving birth, she believes in that.

Honey is on their bed, reading a book. She sat beside her and rested her back on the headboard.

"Mommy?" The little girl moved closer to her mother and rested her head on Celine's shoulder.

"What would we call Cocoa?" Honey asked. Last month, the doctor revealed that they will be having a baby boy. Honey must have been praying so hard for this baby that all her prayers were granted.

"Isn't 'Cocoa' enough, Cinnamon roll?" Honey looked up to her and shook her head.

"I mean nickname. Like me, you call me Cinnamon Roll. We should also give Cocoa a cute nickname." Honey explained and just in time Max came in bringing her favorite snack ever sine she got pregnant.

It's the soft cookie in a rectangular bar shape that is topped with melted confectioner sugar on top that was hardened. It can be bought in front of the university. She loves that it's very cheap and easy to find unlike when she was pregnant with Honey, she really baked her cinnamon rolls herself.

"Here's your pag-ibig cookies, Missis." Max said and sat at the edge of the bed.

Honey also had a piece for herself.

"Thank you, Husband." Celine said as she took a bite of the cookie.

"Mommy why don't we call Cocoa 'Pag-ibig' nalang since you love eating these cookies naman." Honey said and showed the cookie to her.

"I think your brother will sue us once he grows up for calling him 'pag-ibig', Babe." Max said and ruffled her hair.

It could have been a cute name nickname for a girl but not really for a baby boy. It's weird that they already have a name to call their baby years before he was born and now that he's on his way, his sister wants him to share a cute nickname like she does.

"Let's just call him 'Cookie'. It think that would be a pretty decent nickname for him." Celine said while still munching on her cookie.

"Our little Cookie Monster." He caressed her big tummy and kissed her forehead.

Max can never express how happy he is the moment Celine told him that they were expecting a baby. He felt like crying and he can't even utter a single word that time. He was frozen in his chair.

Overtime, he saw how hard it is to be pregnant in the eyes of his wife. She's not complaining anything but he can see her struggles. The little things that she needed to sacrifice for their child. Even declining a promotion for the sake of their family. This school year, the University President and the admin council offered her the position of Vice President for Academic Affairs and she politely declined it saying that she's just starting to build her family and accepting the position would only means more work load for her. She made is clear that she was grateful for the offer but things had to kinda change for the family.