Chapter 2 Nightvision

Hi, guys, this is chapter 2 of Nightvision I hope you like it happy reading.

Mari P.O.V.

"Damian I can handle this trust me" I urged. It was the last few minutes of our rounds around Gotham and I was desperate to have at least a few minutes of solo crimefighting. "Please go back to the Batcave and I'll be there a few minutes later just let me have this." Damian hesitated I could tell he was considering it we had been going on patrol together for months now but he still didn't look certain. "Damian please just give me a chance" I begged. "Fine but be careful and I swear to god Mari remember if you get hurt I'm dead so do us both a favour and be careful ok?" he replied looking hard at me. "EEEKKK" I squealed thank you thank you, Damian, you won't regret this I said hugging him tightly before flying of loop di looping through the dark Gotham night.

I turned of Bishop's alley which was usually a crime hotspot. I was eagerly looking around for someone to help when I turned to see a criminal about to mug a young woman. I was just about to fly down and intervene when a roaring pain filled my head "Argghh" I shrieked trying to muffle my shriek scared the mugger would hear. I knew Damian told me to come back immediately if anything happened but I couldn't just let this woman get robbed. So I gritted my teeth and swooped down interposing myself between the man and woman. "RUN" I shouted at the woman who instantly took of once freed from the man's grasp. "HEY," he shouted at me and clumsily threw a punch directed at my face. I blocked it easily and swiftly flipped over his shoulders flooring him. I was about to knock him about when without warning the burning pain roared back rendering me useless. "Arghhhhhhhhhhh" I screamed stumbling backwards. My vision was blurry despite my Tamaranean vision. I felt cold and sick like I was going to throw up. This wasn't right I didn't get sick this wasn't supposed to happen. The mugger quickly got up and threw another punch. I didn't have time to block it this time and fell to the floor in pain. I could taste blood in my mouth and my head was pounding. The mugger peered down grinning at me. I was scared Dad told me in a situation like this to call him but I could barely move. The mugger was on top of me tracing a hand round the top of my costume still grinning at me. "please stop" I whispered tears pooling in my eyes as he slowly zipped down my top. I closed my tear-filled eyes bracing myself to what was next when suddenly the weight lifted off me. I could hear fighting but didn't have enough strength to lift my head to see what was happening. After a few minutes, I heard the mugger's attacker stop and walk towards me. He slipped an arm under my knees and back and easily picked me up. As he carried me away I felt my consciousness slipping away and that was the last thing I remembered before my eyes shut and I surrendered to sleep.