Four: Ray and Tori Are Zombies

"I don't even wanna be in this play, why can't Tori be the lead and I be the understudy?" Ray complained at the rehearsals for Uptown Downtown, stomping around childishly

"Because you're a professional actress who has starred in many things and knows how to properly portray her emotions." Mr. Reed said for the fifth time. "And Tori is playing the sister, so you both have lead roles."

"Well if she's my sister then momma has some explaining to do." Ray muttered.

"Ready?" Mr. Reed said, Ray going to object before Beck gave her a look. "Action!"

"I don't know." Tori said to Robbie.

"Oh, come on! Why can't you admit that you're in love with me?" Robbie pleaded, Tori looking conflicted.

"Why are you in love with me?"

"Because you're beautiful. Look at your face in the moon light."

"I can't."

"You can." Ray pretended to walk in from another room, scoffing and rolling her eyes.

"She can't. A person can't look at their own face." Robbie looked at her before grabbing Tori's hands.

"Well then marry me and I'll buy you a thousand mirrors!"

"That's so many. What about my sister? What about your feelings?" Tori asked and a look of sadness went over Ray's face. "What do you want?"

"I don't know." Ray whispered sadly.

"Lights!" Mr. Reed called out, Beck coming over to Ray.

"It's okay that you don't know." He said softly, Ray shaking her head.

"But you deserve an answer." Ray told him, looking up at him.

"I can wait. For you, I would wait a thousand years. I know I'm poor, I know I don't have much to offer, but I do love you."

"Because I'm beautiful?" Ray asked him, Beck reaching out and slowly pushing one of her curls behind her ear.

"I don't love you because you're beautiful, you're beautiful because I love you." He said. Ray softly smiled before disco music started playing, making her break character.

"What's with the disco?" She yelled up at Sinjin, the weird teen looking down at them from the catwalk.

"Sorry! I hit the wrong thing!"

"No! Fifteen years ago your mother gave birth to the wrong thing!" Jade shouted at him, Ray rolling her eyes.

"All right, why don't we take a break." Mr. Reed sighed. "Ray, Beck, you guys were great. Tori, you did a good job too."

"Thanks." They all said.

"What about me?" Robbie asked with a hopeful expression on his face.

"I've seen worse." The teacher said to him.