Dreams Cause Memories to Return

*flashback*
Fear. It was everywhere. One side of the earth to the other.
"Leianna get out here....NOW!" I'm snapped out by the sound of my boyfriend's loud voice.
" Why?" I scream back. I regret saying that. Loud pounding footsteps reach my door. I back myself against the wall. My door swung open and there stood my boyfriend. A bottle of whiskey in his hand.
"Did you talk back to me?" I wince at his voice. His body staggered over to my small and shaking body. His body stood like a tree to my small body. Something firm pelted my cheek.

*end of flashback*
I wake up to find myself on the floor, drenched in sweat. My heart pounding. I could feel it in my head.
"God." I hold my head. I sit there for awhile summarizing the dream. I tried to pull myself up off the floor; but my shaking body wouldn't respond. I grab my bed frame and pull myself up. I breath a couple deep breaths trying to calm myself. I felt myself calm down after the second deep breath. I walk over to my closet and grab some ripped jeans and a Misfits tank top.
The kitchen was empty and dark. Signing my roommate had already left for her collage classes of the day. My roommate was my best friend, Emma. She was 20 (she's the same age as myself). She's at a small collage in downtown Chicago. Emma's a big photographer. And when I say big I mean BIG. Her whole room is full of goddamn photos, she's talented.
I open the fridge and pull out one of those protein shakes. I pour it into a small portable coffee mug. I place my large bag with my phone, notebook, pens and pencils, and other things; over my shoulder. With my mug in hand, I head out the door locking the door behind me. I make my way to the apartment garage to find that Emma had taken are black Jeep. I sigh and walk towards the downtown part of Chicago.