chapter 23

Y/N POV

It's not going so great. My quirk suddenly stopped working, I can't crystallize but my speed and strength are still holding up. I didn't know what to do. Honestly, I was scared to death. Scars appearing over your hands don't happen often to people.

I looked over to the mirror, my eyes glossier than usual. My breathing narrowed, I took the chance to expel some air, breathing in and out. My breathing got under control, the lungs, a bit better.

I took my chance to head to recovery girl's clinic, nearby. To be honest, I was a little dizzy. I'd always try my best to ignore unnecessary wounds or sicknesses, so this isn't any different. I'm an Ackerman, I can mend through the pain. I went over to Recovery girl, who already healed Izu's broken fingers. They took notice of my appearance, calling my name in surprise. Toshi-san was also with Izu.

"Hey! You did great out there." I say, hand on my hip. Izuku smiled, his eyes, worrisome. Toshi-san looked at me, his deep blue irises, cautiously towards me. I smiled, an awkward smile, but still a smile. "Y/N, are you alright? You seem kinda tired, kiddo." He worryingly said.

I replied with a snort. Not saying a word, I walked to Toshi-san, glancing at my palm before showing him the cause of my dead look. Toshi-san, sprayed a couple of blood on my uniform, to which I didn't mind. However, for Recovery girl and Izuku, they had horrified expressions instilled on their faces. The last time my scars appeared was the final year I was in Berlin. It's amazing and scary how they came back.

"O-Oh dear! W-Where did you get these?" Recovery girl asks. I retracted my arm back. Glancing once again on my scarred palm. "They appeared out of nowhere. Didn't cut or scratch myself, or anything. You got bandages, Recovery girl?" I simply say. Izuku and Toshi-san, still looked dumbfounded.

"It's alright! The pain just went away." I said. I tightly held my hand, fragments of pain were still remaining. I had lied, yes, but I wouldn't want to make them worry over me. It's irresponsible.

I had exited the room, shortly afterwards, getting the bandages and moving back onto the stands. Toshi-san and Izuku were having their own conversation, I wouldn't interfere nor join in, it's their business, not mine. I'll admit, I was a meddlesome child, back in germany. I'd always concern myself with other people's business. Not so much of a proud feeling, now that it's flashing back into my mind.

"THE WAIT IS OVER!! WE'RE MOVING ON.."

The second match was about to start, by the sound of the crowd, cheering on and Yamada-kun's announcement. Shoto's up next, an interesting match, if I say so. Footsteps were clicking behind me, panting making sounds as well.

"Come on Y/N-chan! We don't wanna miss this!" Izuku says as he passed by me. I ran along with him, reaching the stands.

Tenya-kun and Ochaco-chan saved us some seats, Izuku's expression lighting up, a thanks.  Both of our competitors, have already entered the stage. This is where the play begins.

"THE CREAM OF THE CROP!! YET THIS GUY'S SOMEHOW STILL AS PLAIN AS THE COME. HANTA SERO OF THE HERO COURSE!!" Really Yamada-kun? That's just rude.

"VERSUS... THE BEST OF THE BEST! STRONGEST OF THE STRONG! IT'S SHOTO TODOROKI, ALSO OF THE HERO COURSE!!"

There was something odd about Shoto. His expression were scrunched into a grimace. Eyebrows furrowed deeply, that it resembled, a certain someone. I began to worry, I'd talk to him after this match. Who knows what happened.

"START!!"

Sero, started the match by releasing two pairs of tapes, straight towards Shoto. Eventually, they got tied up around him, and dragged him near the edge of the ring. I shot up from my seat, worrying again. This day is just full of surprises and twists!