DAY 5

A BOY IN MY ROOM is so weird. When I woke up, I quickly remembered school and got ready in a heartbeat. As I was going to go to school, I saw Cameron up already. He was just sitting on his bed with headphones on and he was on his laptop.

"Why aren't you getting ready for school?" I said. He looked at me with a "face-palm" kind of look.

"It's Saturday you idiot." He said. Shit.

"Oh. I knew that..." I pouted and went back to bed in my going out clothes. Why didn't he tell me in the first place?!

"So, what do you plan on doing today?" He said as he got up from his bed.

"I don't know, sleep?" My face was buried in my pillow.

"But don't you have homework to do?" He asked me. Who in the world does homework in the weekends?

"Yeah but, I'm a procrastinator..."

"You should still do it though..." He looked at me. His eyes were so dark, it was like... What?

"Fine, just go somewhere else so that I can concentrate." I tried to shoo him away.

"But, don't you need help?" He asked.

"I'll need help when I need help, thank you very much." I pointed out the door. He gave up and went out.

I am that kind of person who HATES the idea of homework or exams or pop quizzes or blah blah... I consider myself, dumb. But for some reason, I still have good grades. Sometimes, I don't. I don't like math because our math teacher is the only teacher who gives homework during the weekends. Ugh. Math just confuses me. (Calculus, algebra, geometry or any kind branch of math.) I think I do need help in my homework.

I found Cameron in our backyard still on his laptop. He was listening to something with his headphones. (HEAD phones, not EAR phones. I just hate people interchanging their meaning and use). He was leaning against our old tree. He looked, Ew. What were you thinking?!

"Uh, hey?" I poked him on the shoulder. He didn't even flinched.

"Hey!" I said louder this time. He removed his headphones and looked back at me.

"Oh, hey." He said smiling. He is ALWAYS smiling.

"Um. I need help with my math homework." I muttered.

"What?! I can't hear you. You need he--?" He cupped his hand on his ear. I hit him on the head for being freaking annoying.

"Ow! You want my help or not?" He argued.

"Yeah, I guess I need it."

"Okay, but just to assure you that I'm not good in math either so, I'll just help you with whatever I know." He said.

"What? I thought you were a nerd!"

"Well, you stereotyped wrong." He explained...

"So, what are you good at then?" I asked.

"Let's see here... Video games, technology, comic books, music, guitar--"

"Wait, you play guitar?" I asked.

".. And sing." He pointed his finger at me.

"What kind of music are you into then?"

"I don't know. Whatever genre The Cure, Vampire Weekend, The 1975 and Joan Jett fall into." He listed. Wow.

"Well, you have a GREAT taste in music."

"Thanks." We stayed silent for a moment.

"So, your homework?" He gestured to the math book that I'm holding.