DAY 22

I FELT HAPPY that there was school today. Why? Probably a side effect of something called "love". Corny and stupid I know but who cares? I was skipping to my locker. People were looking at me like I was crazy. Eh, it was better than them looking at me like I was their prey. Yeah, I'm talking to you you lip glossed barbies! Anyways, I was by my locker with a smile on my face when someone decided to stop by. Again.

"Why hey Violet!" Maddie greeted me as if I were her longtime friend.

"Hey Maddie." The smile was gone. I was lazily getting the books from my locker and stuffing them in my bag.

"So, you seemed rather cheerful this morning. Why is that?" She asked me. She had her left hand on her hip and she waved to some of the people who passed by us.

"Oh nothing. I'm just happy that you looked less Sluttier than usual." I shot back at her.

"Well..." She glared at me. She sounded like she was trying to think of a better burn but she was speechless. Ha.

"So..." I said. "What do you want Maddie?"

"Nothing. I just wanted to know why you were so happy..." She smirked at me.

"Why should I tell you? Why are you so curious anyways?" To rain on my parade probably. Or probably make my life a living hell by spreading some random rumor or by trying to take Cameron away from me. Oh trust me, Maddie is a total boyfriend stealer. Tessa was one of her sad victims. Freshman year, Tessa liked this football player and Maddie just seduced him and BAM! Tessa came crying to me.

"Nothing. Just curious." She giggled. Ugh, annoying as hell.

"I'm not telling you Maddie. Now excuse me." I brush past her to my first class. She'll never hear it from me. But I expect it to spread around the school like forest fire by now. Me and Cameron together, Allan probably told the whole school by now. He's just jealous. That's it.

Class flew by so fast. So did my other classes. I had my eyes staring out the window, all I did was think about Cameron (I did listen to my teachers BTW). The bell rung, it was time for lunch. It felt like I was hovering instead of walking. But I know that I looked like an idiot instead. How do I know? Because my friend Tessa said so. She just kept on looking at me weirdly and burying her face on her hand whenever she saw me. Face palm.

"Why are you acting so off today?" She said to me. We were at our usual table. "It's like your acting weird but a different kind of weird. Have you taken your meds today?.." She gasped. "Are you high?!?"

I just shook my head. "No."

"Then what's with you?"

"I'm just... Happy." I said. She then back up a bit in her seat.

"Oh my god. That is exactly what you said when you started dating... You know who..." She whispered the last part.

"Yeah but no Tessa. It's different this time." I quietly said as I took a bite of my fruit. She just looked at me and rolled her eyes. We were peacefully eating when Cameron went over to our table.

"Hey."

"Hi." I greeted in a weird high pitched voice. Like one of those blonde bimbos if I could say. Tessa was looking at both of us and noticed that we were just gazing at each other. Her eyes suddenly widened and gasped.

"OMG I get it now! You guys are a thing or something!" It looks like she's about barf up glitter.

"Yeah yeah. You figured it out Tessa. I'm dating him." I tell her. She just nodded and continued eating. But I can clearly see that she's smirking.

"So Cameron, what do you need?" I ask him.

"Well, I'm wondering if you guys would like to have lunch with me and the guys..." He said looking at he table near the window. It was composed of his band mates Austin (blondie) and Michael (dude with glasses) and this Asian chick with auburn hair.

I turn to him and shrugged. "Sure." I got up and went on to their table. I called out for Tessa but she just stayed there.

"Excuse me for a moment..." I said to Cameron. I went to Tessa and asked her what's wrong...

"Well, I don't feel comfortable eating with... Burnouts." She whispered.

"Burnouts?"

"Well, I could say that I'm judging them right away by the way they're dressed and I heard that they did stuff..." I just chuckled at her.

"What kind of stuff?"

Tessa moved closer and whispered in my ear. "Drugs."

"Haha, coming from the girl who did heroine in the bathroom of Gemma Thompson's house. Remember that?" We went to this party last summer. I was still dating Allan. I was actually also with Tessa that time. In the bathroom.

She thought for awhile and shrugged. "Yeah, I'll give it a shot." She got up and we started walking to their table.

"Good Tessa..." I brought her to the so-called "burnout" table.

"Hey." I greeted Cameron and his friends.

"Hi Violet." Austin greeted. He was all smiles and cheerful. Michael just took a glance at me and went back to eating. The girl next to him must be his girlfriend. I wave at her and she suddenly perked up and waved back. I heard that she's somewhat "autistic" because people find her weird and creepy. But I believe that people should just mind their own business. But, I already have a weird friend.
Me and Tessa sat down. Tessa was shy at first but it seems that she's doing okay when she started talking to Austin. I decided to try talking to this Asian chick. I saw her once in my calculus class and she was sticking these puffy stickers to her textbook instead. But it seems that she was busy writing something down. I saw that her notebook was filled with these band stickers. She seems to fit in with these people.

"So, how long do you know Cameron?" Michael suddenly asked me. His voice was not as low as I expect. It's actually the first time I heard his voice.

"Oh, not too long. Long enough?" The guys suddenly snickered. "Oh, I don't mean it THAT way." Their snickers were louder except for Cameron. Ugh, boys and their... Thoughts.

"Anyways, how did you guys know each other?" I asked Austin and Michael.

"Well, we were friends way back. In his old school." Austin answered.

"Oh cool." I awkwardly said. Austin then went back to talking to Tessa and Michael just tried to lose eye contact with me. Cameron then went near me and whispered something to me.

"I'm glad you guys are getting to know each other."

I laughed. "Well, I'm glad that Tessa is finally talking to a boy..."

"Why is that?"

"Oh, I'll tell you sometime." I then kissed him on the cheek.