DAY 33

FAST FORWARD to a few days later, I'm in class. Our history teacher is dozing off making the whole class noisy. I'm in the seat next to the window, Tessa is sitting right next to me fixing her left eyebrow. As she does that, I go on with my homework. I was writing an essay for English when Tessa suddenly put down her mirror and tweezer and turned to me.

"What do you think?" She raised both her eyebrows. "Is it fixed yet?"

"Yeah.. Yeah..." I said as I continued writing.

She sighed before she threw a piece of paper at me.

I instantly stooped writing and looked up. "Hey! What was that for?"

"You weren't listening Vi. Are my eyebrows okay?"

"Ugh dude, your eyebrows are fine. Just let me finish my homework."

She started to inspect her fingernails this time. "If it's homework then why are you doing it here?"

"I have plans tonight..."

"Oooh, Violet has plans! What kind of plans?" Tessa asked me. "Better not be a party at Gemma's house. The both of us are not in good terms right now. I hate that bitch..." She then brought out a filer started to file her nails.

"Yeah, it's not a party or get together or some concert or whatever. It's actually a date."

Tessa stopped filing her nails and looked at me wide-eyed. "You have a date?"

"Yes."

Tessa looks confused at this stage. "Seriously? You have a date with someone? Like, a serious date?"

I just laughed and answered her. "Yes, it is a serious date."

Tessa at this moment is freaking out and asking me who is this person who asked me out. I then told her that it was Cameron and she just freaked out some more.

"Chill Tessa. This is old news. It's just a date."

It looked like she was about to cry, she was fanning herself with her hands and pretend to wipe away fake tears. "Yep. I know I'm sorry I'm sorry."

I just roll my eyes and get on with my essay. I guess it'll take some getting used to for Tessa to come down. Eventually.

***

We met on the rooftop of the school. The place where we were supposedly going to have our first date. It never continued because of "some reasons" but luckily, we're getting a do over for that date.

It was like the first time I saw it. Lights everywhere, roses and a table draped with a velvet table cover. I saw him on the ledge of the rooftop. He didn't has his tux on like last time (which makes me slightly disappointed since he looked um, cute.) This time, he had a simple dress shirt on and his jeans and his black sneakers. I may have underdressed for this fine event as well.

"Well well, look who decided to show up."

"Okay, don't do that. You're starting to scare me a bit." I say as he greets me with his smile. I'll never get enough of that.

He pulls out a chair for me and positions himself across me. He prepared a special meal or as I like to call it, leftover spaghetti from the cafeteria.

"Sorry, I either suck at cooking or can't afford a fancy takeout from some 5-star restaurant."

I just smile and dig into my spaghetti. "Dude, it's alright."

After that, we just talked. We talked about his gig tomorrow night at The Mallow. We talked about how Tessa freaked out about our relationship. We talked about this summer and how he would spend more time at our place and how he and his dad is moving here soon. I thought about what Cameron and I had. It wasn't like any other I had before. This is something I shouldn't take for granted. I thought about what we'd do after class, after school, after the summer, even after we aren't something anymore. All that matters now is that I'm with him, and I say that that is the best thing I could ever achieve. The best thing I have ever had.

END

***

Yeah, so short and shiz. It was really rushed and all but meh, it'll be edited. For now, you have this, one of the most successful projects I ever had. Ever.

Thanks for all ye readers and your support and for the 1k reads!!! I couldn't thank you enough. (I cri everitime) if you like this story, make sure to look out for my other upcoming stories. (Knee Socks, Wynona and a surprise one coming soon)

<3 Me.