Four

I thought about it. It wasn't hard though to say no. My brothers would tell me to stand were you do not stand and stick your nose in the air when you need to. They told me to stick by the golden rule in life and to not stray from it or karma will come for you. Most of all, they told me what I could be, not what I couldn't be.

I said, "Sure... I'm in." 

She told me next meeting int he boiler room was in 5 days. In two days, my free time will be back.

=============================================================================+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ =============================================================================

When the day was done and free time started. My block cleared out once more and Joe, Josh was sent to keep me in line. I didn't say anything when he walked in. I wanted to read or write or, or, sing or, whatever! I was board out of my mind. I just layed in my bed. I thought back to the trial...

The plantif's lawyer said, "We have found a journal of hers. There is free verse poetry and passages. I quote, 'I have just turned fourteen today.Yesterday's unfortunate events have washed away. I got out my studies also. It's not that I don't like them it's just, I'm getting board. I'm taking another test to see if I need new material. I think I do. I get everything. The most complicated thing I am doing right now is learning another language. French. It's like I'm starting over but, not...' Your honor, she was smart enough to know that if this was ever found in a check in, she would be put away and not her teacher right along with her. We found an IQ test. It's 190. She needs to be put in a school to teach her to be a woman not a man! The men are the workers. Not the women." 

Anger went through me. If I was smart why hid me? I could figure the mass of the sun for heavens sake! 

I was pulled back into the real world by Joe Josh asking, "What are your gears turning to in there?"

"190..."

"I don't follow."

"That's my IQ..."

"Really?" He was shocked, "The smartest man in the world has an IQ of 195."

"I'd like to be in the same room as him. Chat about... you wouldn't understand."

He laughed, "No. I have 159 IQ. I'm smart enough to go into other fields but, this is my life. I just need enough credits to get into the navy."

"How long will it take you?"

"Until I'm nineteen. Don't worry. I'm not going any were." He laughed and teased. 

"I'm not worried about that. Just, your the nicest male here."

"Awwwww!"

I threw a pillow at him and he threw it back at me.  

"I am board!" I said, "When I was board, I would write or read."

He took out a book from his pocket. It was a small thick one. The kind with small print. He handed it to me. It was called, "The Keeper."  

"Thanks Joe, Josh. Were did you get it?"

"I bought it a long time ago. I was going to give it to you because you might not get board with it like I did."

I opened the book and started reading. Joe, Josh said, "I talked to the director about  that thing with Gemma. That girl was put in her room with no free time." 

"Good." I muttered with my nose in the book. He slid down the wall and sat down. He took out a bar of soap and a pocket knife. 

============================================================================= +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++=============================================================================