I wasn't allowed free time for my acts in the meeting. Everyone in my block had gone out. Joe, Josh had to watch me. 

I said looking outside, "Do you think we could be who we want to be. Not care about if we are female or male. Just, be...?"

"I, uh..." He thought about it, "I'm not sure."

"Do you have a sister?"

"Yeah. Older, has three kids."

He leaned up next to the wall with his arms folded. I just stared outside for a long time. He finaly asked, "What are you looking at?"

"Nature, beauty." I said in admiration of the outside world.

"Your odd." He remarked.

"Cool. I like that then."

He laughed, "Never mind."

I saw deer outside. It was a mother deer and it had two fawns. The fawns started playing around. I said to Joe, Josh, "Hey come look at this!"

He walked up to the window and saw what I was looking at. They were free to do as they please. One of the fawns jumped clumsily over the other. Then they started to play a game of tag almost. I smiled. At lest they were free. Beautiful little creatures are meant to be free and not caged up. 

Unfortunately, vary few males see beauty nature in my world. They don't admit they have a soft side. They don't see beauty as we see beauty. They care about what is going to happen to them and no one else. That is why there are females. We are not meant to be oppressed. We are meant to flourish and to keep peace. Women are not to be hidden but, they are meant to to help the men see what matters. I would rather do what they call men's work. Most women, I know would. I can't see myself having kids and taking care of the house. I want to... I'm not sure...

The deer ran away back to heard. Joe, Josh went beck to the other side of the room. I said, "Don't you have anything better to do?"

"No. I have orders." 

"Right..." I exaggerated, "I forgot, you're a buzzcut."

"Can you not call me that." 

"Well, it's fitting-"

He cut me off, "No. Do you know how that name started?"

"No. My brothers told me what it means."

"The term 'buzzcut' started because the was a girl who was small enough to hide her chest in a binder and she buzzed her hair. It refuses to a weak, irrational, person who tricks every around them."

"Oh, so I hurt your feelings?" I said in a sarcastic tone.

He gave me a look, "Words hurt more than actions that's why I'm spending my time here."

I mocked him. He said, "That's probably why your here right? Your tong-"

"No. I insulted a solider when he came in on a check in." 

He gave me an unsurprising look, "Figures." 

"He poured hot sauce down my throat and I punched him in the gut out of instinct."

"Who taught you to fight?"

"My brothers. I have two of them. Both older than me." I said. I then wounded, "Can trust you Joe, Josh?"

"I can not say anything to any one what we talk about unless you are planning escape, you want to hurt others or yourself and also if  if you know that someone wanted to hurt you."

"May brothers, they taught me what they know. I can read to a collage level, use math as if I am a mathematician and, I know alot of science up to the tenth grade level. I love astronomy the best."

He smiled, "Do you know anything about..." He thought about his question, "Can you recite Shakespeare?"

"Since I was ten. What play shall it be from sir Joe, Josh?" 

"Three musketeers," He said in a terrible ascent.

"No, that's not by Shakespeare."

"Good, who was it by?" 

I thought a little bit. My brothers had me read it and give a summary of each chapter. I had to think about who it was, "Alexandre Dumas. First language it was in was French. 'A rogue does not laugh in the same way that an honest man does; a hypocrite does not shed the tears of a man of good faith. All falsehood is a mask; and however well made the mask may be, with a little attention we may always succeed in distinguishing it from the true face..'"

Joe, Josh clapped in satisfaction, "What's that quote about?"

"You can't hide who you are not matter what mask you wear. People always know or find out." 

He nodded. Silnece fell in the room. I know that I can't escape but, I can torment... I need a plan. Maybe then, I could get out of here.

Gemma ran in the room yelling and crying, covered in mud, "I don't like this place! Everyone hates me!"

She hugged me and I wrapped my arm around her shoulders. I mouthed to Joe, Josh to go. He nodded understanding Gwen wanted to talk alone. 

I let Gemma n cry on my shoulder for a little bit until I finaly asked, "What's wrong?"

She chocked and sniffed in, "Some older girls were talking and I wanted to introduce myself. They told me to get lost but I asked them why. One of them pushed me down into some mud and laughed. Then she said to get lost."  

Anger bubbled up in me.

I opened to door. Joe, Josh said, "Chione! Get back in your room You need an escort if you-"

"Then escort me buzzcut!" I yelled at him. Stupid boy who cant read between the lines.

He sighed and said, "Fine..."

We walked down to the court yard and I yelled, "OKAY! WHO PUSH A TWELVE YEAR OLD GIRL INTO MUD?!"

Every one went silent and looked at girl who was about sixteen. She had black hair and light brown eyes. Her hair had dyed purple and lavender tips. She had thick eye liner and dark mascara. Her skin was white as snow or a porcelain doll. The white dress stood out on her like a horse in a barn full of donkeys. I walled over to her and said, "Do you remember being that age? She is scared shittless and she is trying to make friends! How dare you push her down and laugh!" A few guards stood ready to apprehend me. 

The girl said, " I was her age when I came here. You don't make friends by being a whiny mouse-"

"Everyone is different. That might be a new thing to you so I'm going to explain really slowly-" The girl slapped me, or tried. I caught her hand and half twisted. Not enough to break or tare, just so it hurt a little. She slid her arm out of my grasp.

Joe, Josh said, "Chione, let's go. Don't pick fights."

I grunted, "She hurt Gemma."

"Then I'll tell the director myself if you will let this go. It's your first day. You're already in trouble."

The girls behind the one who pushed Gemma down snickered and started saying stuff like, "Listen to your guard dog Chi Chi!" and, "Walk away bitch!"

I turned away and shoulder bumped into Joe, Josh for having me step down. I walked inside with him right behind me. I went to my room. Gemma was taking a shower. I sat down on my bed.

This wasn't a good day... nope... not at all.