Sixteen

We had sealed ourselves inside the boiler room. We did a headcount. Everyone was accounted for. After crying my eyes out. I had to go and talk with Gemma. She was sleeping. I took ice water and splashed it on her face.

I said, "Okay! What did you tell them, Gemma. If that is your real name."

She scuffed, "It is my real name."

"How old are you?"

"That's easier to hide, good question!"

"Well," I said and folded my arms.

"I'm fifteen, no wait, twenty!"

I yelled, "Stop it or so help me lord I will not hesitate to bleed you so vary slowly!"

She looked me in the eyes. She sickened me. She said, "James wouldn't want you doing that Chi."

I grabbed her by the throat and said, "Only talk when it's an answer! How old... your fourteen."

"Yes."

"What did you tell them?"

"Believe what you want but, I'm not evil." She explained, "I didn't tell them any ranks. I told them that was kept from new members."

"What-"

"Everything I thought was relevant so my brother won't die."

"Like?"

"Most important things about the most involved people. Your movements. How you govern the group."

"The Director said you told them I was in the club. He said my family is in danger and it was you're fault-"

"Look!" She said loudly, "I don't want to do anything to help them but my fucking, excuse my french, my little brother is in danger. They have leverage on me. If I didn't give them names, they would do something to him... So I said your name out of impulse. Then the Director had me tell the Ruler's second in command. I didn't want to and I couldn't take back..."

"Who else's name?"

"Huh?"

I took a deep breath and pinched the bridge of my nose and looked up, "You said names..."

She looked away, "Katie's name."

Oh, my, gosh how could she do that? But, they didn't have anything on her. More importantly... where is she? I called May over to check on her. She came back ten minuets later and told me she wasn't here.

I asked, "I thought... so we missed counted on the head count..."

"I'll take another head count but, no one can find her... Wait..." She said and suddenly looked at Gemma. She had a look on her face that I have never seen before. It was a scary look though. She grabbed Gemma's neck and pushed her up against the wall, "What did you fucking do?!"

Gemma wriggled around. Her hands were tied against her neck. Everyone was silent and looked at the scene she was making. Gemma said, "Please! STAHP!"

"Not until you tell me you backstabbing bitch." She yelled. I didn't know what to do.  I said, "May! Stop it! That's not-"

"You're done talking to her! My fucking turn!" She yelled at me and gave me this crazy look. She turned to Gemma and squeezed her neck harder, "What happened to Katie!? 

"She's-" Gemma gasped, "Dead!"

May let her go and walked away. Gemma clasped on the floor and gasped for air. May walked over to Athine and asked her to take over. Athine asked Gemma, "What do you mean she's dead?"