Five

For the next days until the meeting I held my tong and EVERYONE was really suspicious. I just told them that I have something planned. Just holing out.

On Friday I was free! During free time I went to the boiler room for the meeting.

It was loud. I could see why they had it in here. It was sound proofed because the boilers could get loud. It was a large room also. enough to fit more than 300 people.

There were probably about 150 young women of all ages gathered in one spot. They wore all different clothing, not their uniforms but the clothes they came here in. We are allowed to keep them but not wear them. They had piercings and tattoos, and had dyed hair. There was food and loud music made by an ensemble of drums. The beat pounding 1,2,3,4 1,1,2,2,3,4 1,2,3,4. I wanted to dance. A few were. The lighting was made by a web of paper lanterns. In the middle of all of this there were the five leaders. It was more of a celebration than a meeting. 

May blew into a whilse. The drums and conversation stopped. May and the leaders had tattos. May had one that wrapped around her arm. It started from her shoulder and ended at the top of her hand. It ended a rose. A black rose. She spoke, "Sisters! We gather here today to welcome three new sisters here today. New sisters! Step forward when you hear your named. Chione Till!" The women cheered, May waved me up. I went up and stood next to her. She called out, "Katie Callingson!" She came up and stood next to me with everyone cheering. She called, "Silica Octavos!" She was no were to be found. Once the cheering stopped. May asked, "Where is she?"

Wolf said, "I'll talk to her tomorrow. I asked her to this."

May called, "We will go  on then. Drummers!"

The drums beat once more in unison of 1... 2... 3... 4... 1... and so forth. The four other leaders all stood. A young girl, 12 or so, brought up a bowl with water in it. 

May said, "To be part of our club you must wash your hands of the ways in which the men confide us too. Put your hands in the bowel initiates." We both did. I kinda felt like Katie was meant for this club. She was weak willed and easy to manipulate. She was to trusting and eager to please.

Nevaeh said, "You must accept us as the leaders for those before you have elected us leaders of this club. If one of us fall heaven forbid, one of you could be elected to fill our spot."

Wolf said, "If anyone comes to you if they want to join you send them to us. We do not accept males at this time. If you tell them. We make it so you can not bare a child or you can't remember anything. What ever the members of the could decide upon."

Athine said, "Hold your head high as well as your standards. Do not trust everyone but do not be rude to everyone. You mustn't slander anyone's name no matter gender, race or, belief's. Us rebels live by three rules, treat everyone the way you want to be treated, speak what you find to be true and, live with fire and the spirit you hold. Up hold those rules honorably 

Hazel said, "If you have something to say at anytime, you speak up or forever hold your peace. You are among great people who will soon make the oppresses fall and make us equal. So act like it, for you are one of us now. Take your hands out of the water." 

They all put their hands on Katie's shoulders first and said, "Welcome sister." They moved on to me and said the same thing. After the crowd cheered. The drumming turned to normal. May said to us, "Come on! Let's go dye your hair shall we?"

I said, "I wounder what color. What would you pick?"

Katie said, "I don't want to. Maybe later." She walked off to a corner someplace.

I asked, "What's up with her?"

"Grief. Her brothers are dead because of her. Family torn." said Hazel. 

"Oh..."

Athine said, "Um, anyways. I would get layered tips... dark green to light..."

"No!" I said with a wicked smile and widened my eyes, "Dark blue tips that go into lavender."

May lead me to a girl who looked too old to be here. 20ish. She said, "What will it be?"

I said, "Dark blue tips then lavender after it."

Athine said, "Not so drastic like mine sadly Lynn."

"Some girls actually like their hair Tate."

She suck her tong out. I think they are sisters, they act so. They dyed my hair and after. There was about a hour left of free time. I dance a little then found Katie.

I sat next to her and said, "Are you okay?"

"I just want someone to pay for the death of my brother." Her face emotionless, "I don't know who to blame but... myself...'

"Hey," I said, "No. Your grieving. Don't start thinking like that or you'll crawl into a hole that you have to crawl at the falling soil to get out of. That's no way to live. Trust me." She smiled at me. I stood up and said, "You need to live a little. Dance as weirdly as you can out on the dance floor."

"Uhg. I don't-"

"I'll do it if you do it."

"Okay."

We danced till the end of it. We all went back to our room laughing and humming the tune of the drums. Katie went back to room she was in block five. I am in one. I got back to room in a good mood. I looked at my hair and ran it through my fingers. I loved the color. It went almost half way up my hair. I looked at the clock. It was 9:50. I sighed.

I was nearing my room when Joe, Josh stopped me.

He said, "Were have you been? I checked the rec room and you weren't there."

"I was, walking around the halls."

"What did you do to your hair?"

"I dyed it Sherlock." I said in a sarcastic tone. I wondering, "Why were you coming to find me?"

"Uh-"

I said before he spoke, "Speak the truth or I'll find the lie."

He nodded and looked down, "I, wanted to talk to you."

"Josh, my eyes are up here." He was looking at our feet. He looked up at me. Eyes soft. I said, "Tell me."

"I really, just wanted to talk. The other block leaders are boring. I would rather talk about books and literature than sports or something..." He said. 

"I have to go. Bed time you know."

He gulped then whispered, "Chione.."

"What?"

"Nothing... good night." He smiled at me. I went back to my room. A note was in my room.

Do not Rebel until the next big meeting next month. Only run your mouth. Do not get in truble. This is an order from the five. 

                                               ~Singed

                                                           M. A. T. H. N.

Gemma was sleeping. She stirred a little bit but didn't wake. This was going to be one hell of a month.