One

I sat on the bus and watched the "reformed school", A.K.A. prison, get closer. I closed my eyes and remembered the day I was taken away. My brothers taught me everything any man knows. Math, science, art, music, how to fight and, how to read past the 6th grade level. They didn't want me to be a dumb, silent, typical woman who lives this life. That's why I'm here. I'm here because my talent is a threat to society that has stayed the same for seventy years. Women just accept this way of life because they know nothing else. They are educated enough to not know anything else... Well I am...

Three months ago...

"Chione, someday, you're gonna be a face everyone knows," Said my oldest of my two brothers, Richard.

My two brothers. My wonderful brothers. They taught me everything I know. From education to my fighting skills. They have been my teachers for as long as I can remember. Right now, we were just finnishing up sprawling. At first, my brothers were weary of teaching me to fight, but I stomped around until they did. Then we had to explain why to my parents. They came up with, "We don't want her to be a cat who runs away without claws." And, "In this world, who knows what will happen to her." It comes naturally for me to fight when threatened now.

My other brother James came running down the stairs in a rush saying, "They are here guys! Chione! Go get your house dress on! Hide all this shit! Mom and dad are stalling."

Richard hid the books while I slipped my dress on and took my pants off. I knew the drill. People with female kids have "check ins'' or as I call them raids to show the constricting of females. I hate that we have to hide our wonderfulness. We could change this God forsaken world for good.

There were three men standing in the kitchen laughing with my father. I held my tong and stood next to my mother. She was doing dished and silently urged me to help I gave her a look and started helping. One of the men, he was young, 19 or 20 maybe, said, "Is that your daughter Mr. Till?"

My father smiled, "Yes that is. Chione, face the men and introduce yourself."

I did. We are supposed to bow and say, "Hello. My name is Chione Till. Nice to meet you." instead I said, "I am Chione Till and you are in my home uninvited. That's rude."

The men laughed. The 20 year old said, "Why? Don't you have a quick tong. I was hoping to make a bride out of you-"

"I'm kinda young for you, buzz cut." That's what young soldiers are called as an insult. Not sure why though.

My father yelled at me, "Enough Chione! Go to your room! I will deal with you later!"

"No," the 20 year old said, "Come here." I stood there like a deer in the head lights. He scared the shit out of me. He said to once more, "Come here."

I reluctantly did and clenched my jaw out of cold hard fear. The goverment and millitry are known for being burtal. He grabbed my mouth and took hot sause out of his pocket, then poured it down my throat. It burned; it felt like lava was burning through my body. I screamed and out of instinct I punched him in the gut. Hard. He bent over in pain. That's when they knew.

They found our books and mats then, my journal. we aren't allowed to have one but, I need one to feel... I don't know human, I guess.

The 20ish year old said, "Take her away! We'll question her later."

I was then sent here after going through the system. I leaned my head against the window. Fourteen and already broke a rule. A federal law. Don't mess with officals.