Thirteen

A note came to our door and told us to not go to the meeting this month. I was relived. 

Gemma asked me why. I said, "There is a traitor. They know we have a meeting tonight."

"Oh..." She said, "I have to go do something. I was going to go after the meeting but, you know."

"Uh, okay..." She left.

============================================================================= +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ============================================================================= 

The Director called a meeting for everyone. We sat in the cafeteria. He came up to the podium. The room was silent. He said, "Hello everyone. I want to make an announcement... there will be no more free time for one month. You can thank the WRC for this. I have nothing more to say."

The whole room burst into anger. We all went to our rooms. 

A little bit later May came to my room. I asked, "How?"

Joe, Josh came in and said, "Want to gather some stuff?"

"I thought...?"

May said, "He understands and you love the idiot so..."

"What she said... wait-"

"Never mind c'mon. Gemma if you want to go you can."

Gemma said, "No. Someone has got to be here to defend you guys if they figure something out. I'll say you and Josh went to his place if they do check in. That's why you two are missing."

I laughed, "Don't give him ideas. But, good cover. Bye. see ya later."

============================================================================= +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ============================================================================= 

We ran down the hall and opened doors for the other leaders. 

We then went to the boiler room and split into teams.

May said, "Okay, so, Josh and Chione go get weapons. Josh you have the list?"

"Yes, I do." He said and patted his pocket on his chest. 

May said,  "Wolf and Athine, go and get some medical stuff. We have enough gauze and stuff like that but, we need pain killers. Hazel and Neveah map this place out make sure we can cover all exist and cover each hiding place. Okay, we have walk-ie-talkies if we need to call for assistance. I will be here to cover operations.

Josh and I went to the armory and he took out the list.

I read it.

Ammo                                                                                                                                                                        Pistols                                                                                                                                                                         Heaver weapons (If possible)                                                                                                                             Stun guns                                                                                                                                                                   Arrows                                                                                                                                                                       Weapon belts

Joe, Josh said, "Uh, you get the ammo, arrows, and some heavy weapons. They are in the same area. Over there." He pointed and I got what we needed. It was heaver than I thought it would be. He got what he needed. We ran down back to the boiler room. 

May said, "That was fast." She looked at what we got. Her eyes widened like a five year old in a candy store and she gasped, "We have more than what we need! Wow!" 

All the sudden, Neveah radioed in, "Ma-day! May! We are cornered in block one near a closet and stair well!

Joe, Josh said, "We'll go."

May said back to Neveah, "I'm sending back up."

We went. 

They were held up in a blind spot next the stair well. Joe, Josh picked me up and over his shoulder. He told me to play along. I laughed as he started to run. I yelled, "Josh!"

The guards turned their heads and gave each other looks. One of them said, "Stop you guys. Josh, where were you?"

"Around." He said and put me down. I stood next to him and hugged his side. 

"Well, we saw something, we tried calling you but-"

Joe, Josh laughed, "Well I'm here now. Guys. Just leave it alone. This place is old. No problems to night. Hukata matata lads."

I giggled. He spoke like 3 different sayings in two sentences. 

"But, protocol says-" another one said.

"All the girls are in their rooms. Except, Chi here." He rubbed my arm. 

All of them exchanged more looks. Joe, Josh said, "Do I have to pull rank?"

"No, sir." A few of them grumbled and they walked away.

I whispered and said, "You guys! Come out!"

They did and I sighed from relief. Nevaeh said, "We finished the maps. Guess what."

Hazel finished, "We are almost ready to take this place over."

I said, "Thank God."

I want to go home after this. When I see the look on my family's faces. I need to see them. My dreams are filled with them. Everything I do is for them. None of this shouldn't have happened. James... If I didn't run my mouth and punch that commander maybe I wouldn't be here and, James would still be alive. 

I know I shouldn't think this way but, I can't help but think about it. He was and, still is my brother. I cry sometimes for him. I can still hear him say, "everything has it's place."

Joe, Josh took me out of my thoughts, "Hey! Let's get back." We than ran back to the boiler room. 

May said, "Josh. One last thing... give this to room fifty-two, block one. It's our hacker's room. She can unlock all of the doors. But, leave an note. It's going to be tomorrow." She handed Jo, Josh pad. It looked like glass but, it wasn't. My brothers have one for school.

"Wait." I said, "Tomorrow we are going to take this place over." 

"Well. Yeah. We have been over it and, we are going to do this."

"Don't all of us get to know about it?" I asked.

Hazel said, "At other meetings we told them. We hold out in the boiler room. That will be the place of operations. We take each block one by one. That's also why we were sent to map out. To give the members letters and orders. Worriers have their weapons in their rooms or if they don't they come to the boiler room. Hackers will come here as well as the medics. Leaders will lead certain people. Wolf is in charge of the warriors. I am in charge of medical. Nevaeh is in charge of the scouts. Athine is in charge of the hackers and engineers and, May is over all leader of all of this."

Tomorrow...

Wow...