❀ 06

I'd paused behind a large oak tree, its leaves shielding the sunlight, and the trunk providing a similar shield, however it was to prevent Cameron from spotting me rather than from the UV rays of the sun. He'd been venturing deeper into the forest-like park and had finally stopped at another flower bush.

This time, he'd stopped at a bush filled with dusted light pink carnations littered around it. He'd paused to admire the flowers and I found it intriguing. Seeing as he'd mentioned that he was here regularly, his interest and fascination with the flowers was adorable and sparked my interest.

I smiled to myself as he picked up his dog, wanting to share the view with her.

Brown nudged my foot and for a moment I was sure that she nodded towards Cameron. I didn't have time to shake it off or have a good thought at it because she was right; this was the perfect time to surprise him.

He was distracted and his back was facing towards me, meaning he wouldn't be able to see me when I made my way over there. I picked Brown up and ducked my head a little to make myself smaller as I crept quietly over there.

Thank God he was still distracted when I'd reached there.

I stood to my full height, Cameron towering over me by a few inches. Then, with my free hand, I grasped it around his warm shoulder. His shoulder tensed and when he turned his head, I let go of his shoulder, his expression was filled with surprise and recognition.

In his hands, Snow wiggled in his soft grip and he'd absentmindedly let her go on the ground before looking at me in awe. "Heather. Hi." He greeted, just as I'd done the same as him, letting Brown go onto the ground.

"Nice to see you 'round, Cameron." I remarked with a smile.

He'd simply stared at my face, still shaken from shock, apparently before he reached his free hand out. I'd taken it without a thought and he shook it as if we were meeting for the first time. I let a small laugh flow out of me, my brows raised in pleasant surprise.

"Well, we met in a weird circumstance." He said, shrugging. "So, now that we're meeting again, we can make this time... Less weird." He explained, tucking his free hand into his pocket. He scrunched up his face in thought. "Is that weird?"

"No." I replied, bumping his shoulder with mine which erupted his face into flames. "I think that it's actually pretty cool," I stated, revealing my thoughts, because I did, really, think it was cool.

Silence lapsed from there. Even though I was happy and excited to be his friend, we'd only met which meant that it was going to hard to search a topic to chat and flow on, then gradually towards others somehow.

I had a feeling that it would be like that in the future, as most of my friendships started awkward, but first, we had to endure and go through this stage of constantly trying to search for a topic of conversation. My eyes drifted from the bushes to the trees, and to the bright blue sky.

Today felt like I was wandering around in a vibrant painting.

Everything was colourful and bright, painted perfectly in the pretty theme of nature. The flowers were dusted and painted with different variations of vibrant colours, the sky was brushed with bright bright blue and the trees that towered over us stretched out in branches that were scattered with leaves.

"I don't usually go this far into the park." I stated, absentmindedly, distracted by the beautiful phenomenon that was this park. I understood why he usually came here and I was definitely questioning my choice of usually staying at the very surface of the park instead of coming over here and expriencing its beauty.

"I come here all the time." He replied, his eyes searching everything around us. "I just can't resist. I think I went too far that day. Took me too long to be able to get to the exit." He chuckled, his eyes seemingly far away as he thought of the day we first met last week.

"You didn't know it was going to rain." I suggested, before adding, "well, I didn't either. Look how'd we ended up." I said, gesturing between us, a cheerful smile on my face. "How 'bout you show me around? Maybe I could get familiar with this place."

"Yeah," he paused, his eyes searching my face as he thought before he decided to add, "Sure, I'll show you somewhere special." What "special" meant at that time, I wasn't really all worried about. I was excited that we were spending time together.

"Well, lead the way captain." I joked, raising my hand in a mock salute by my forehead.

Cameron's lips tilted up ever so slightly as he nodded his head forward and began moving (naturally, I followed him). We ventured deeper into the park and I'd made the relevation that this park was, indeed, extremely massive.

He'd led me through a path that was bookended by tall trees that stretched above us like they were trying to prevent the rays of the sun from coming in. The branches overlapped and intertwined with each other, however, still letting sunlight through the crevices and holes where light could slip through.

I hadn't even known that this existed.

If Cameron hadn't continued moving, I'd had thought that this was what he'd wanted to show me. When the trees cleared through only had I gotten way more confused. "This park is absolutely massive." I stated in awe as he led us further into it, the path now surrounded with bushes, some with flowers.

"Yeah," he nodded, making brief eye contact with me before bringing his eyes to out dogs that were strolling in front of us, tails wagging in joy. "Sometimes, I wonder if it's still a park or a whole new world when I go to the place we're about to reach."

"Quite mysterious, aren't you?" I teased. "From the way you're talking about it, I'm assuming that there's a whole castle or perhaps even dinosaurs." I listed off, bringing my forefinger to my chin and tapping it thoughtfully. "Maybe a world of cotton candy?"

"You're close." Cameron joked, his eyes focused on the distance ahead. "Not close enough, I'm afraid." I followed his line of sight and the cobbled path we were on led to a weathered cave like structure; a large rock, eroded in the middle.

It seemed to have been there for a while, roots, branches and green vines wrapped around it. Even some flowers have grown on the vines that curled around the large natural formed structure. I could not see past inside for there were even more vines on the other side of the opening, draping downwards and covering the view like a curtain.

"Are you sure...?" I asked, my voice laced in awe. "That's definitely a portal to a different dimension."

We stood in front of the entrance to the new dimension. Cameron smiled, his features crinkling in joy and mischievousness, his shy demeanour entirely cracking. His hands found and twisted around some of the vines. "Let's find out."

What do you think he's going to show her? :O

Hehehe, so the next chapter (coming out on Friday) is kind of one of my favourites and it's long, so I hope that softens the blow of the cliffhanger I gave today... :D I hope you enjoyed today's chapter! Any thoughts?

See you on Friday! :P