❀ 11

We were seated by a table at the corner of the shop right next to the window. The sunlight fell through the window into the café casting a bright but natural light, overtaking the light coming from inside the café itself. The quiet chatter that filled the café around us only fueled the conversation between Cameron and me.

The food that we'd ordered had arrived a while ago, courtesy of Paul (the man behind the counter with the fabulous mustache), and they tasted absolutely divine. The chocolate cookie I bought was delicious and drool inducing. The cupcake was as equally as delicious, if not more.

The dark, chocolate cream was rich and tasteful but to the perfect amount, so that it didn't overpower the vanilla cake below it. I was satisfied with the food, eating them slowly, and bit by bit to savour the yumminess.

It seemed that I was not the only being that enjoyed the food.

Brown was munching on her bowl of small dog cookies shaped like bones, paws and even some shaped like hearts. Snow sat right next to her, eating her treats which were pretty much the same as Brown's. Both dogs were seated in adorable highchairs made specifically for dogs. It was adorable.

Cameron sat opposite of me, eating his slice of strawberry cake silently, his glasses slightly slipping on the bridge of his nose as he sunk his fork into the soft and spongy cake, topped with cream. I might've been looking for too long, because it caught his attention.

He lifted his gaze from his cake to my face and raised his eyebrows. "You want to try some?" He asked, glancing down at the cake as he referred to it.

He must've mistaken my stare for wanting his cake. I didn't even know why I was staring. Scratch that, I had no idea that I was staring. Maybe what I thought was a brief glance stretched into a lingering stare. Maybe he'd rubbed off on me.

Maybe I now had a fascination in nice things too.

I shook my head, "no thanks. I've got my own." I raised my cupcake at him. "It's really good." To emphasize my point further, I took a bite, slightly misinterpreting the target that was supposed to be my mouth, proceeding to dot a small blob of cream on my nose.

"I can tell." Cameron joked and reached over the end of the table by the window to retrieve a tissue. He handed it to me and watched me wipe the chocolate cream off of my face. "Is it that good though?" He asked curiously.

"Is it gone?" I asked, pointing at my nose with my forefinger which he then replied with a short nod. "Thanks! Yeah, it's really good." I paused, giving it a little thought. "You want some?"

I wasn't sure what to expect of his answer, even as we'd gotten closer, we weren't so close to each other that we could identify which piece of the puzzle landed where and how each of us would react in different scenarios. He surprised me with his answer by nodding meekly. "Yeah, if that's okay with you."

I smiled and as an answer, I brought my almost half-bitten cupcake in front of him. He gave me a short glance and used his fork on the unbitten side to get a small piece, which was somehow still miraculously topped with a bit of the cream.

I took my cupcake back, and watched him eat it with an excitement that I wanted to share. He tentatively closed his lips around his fork and pulled it into his mouth. I watched his mysteriously passive face expression as he chewed it in his mouth slowly.

Dramatically speaking, it was tedious, waiting for his reaction as his gaze was fixed on the ceiling thoughtfully. I took a bite of my cupcake, this time cleanly, tasting the sweetness of the cupcake. My eyes were still fixed on his face.

He brought his gaze down and his façade broke, his lips breaking into a smile. Then, he feigned that he was unimpressed. His lips pulled into an unimpressed pout, hiding his previous smile as he brought his eyebrows down. "It's okay."