Chapter 7

"Angelica." Abigail poked her back. "Angelica," she wined.

Angelica climbed down rubbing her eyes. "Whats wrong?"

"I need some more medicine."

"We don't have any more. You took the last of it before we went to bed."

Abigail scrunched her face up. She could do this. Making it through the night wouldn't be that bad.

Angelica disappeared from their blocked off room. She came back with a couple of brown bottles. She handed one to Abigail.

"Rum?" Abigail ran her finger along the bottle with a questioning face.

"Do you want to suffer in pain or not?"

She smelled it then brought it to her mouth. "Oh, man," she coughed after she took her first sip.

"Keep drinking. You'll feel better soon.

Soon she was feeling better. She was feeling REALLY better. Wait, she thought to herself and laughed. Does that make sense. Oh well, she felt great and it didn't really matter.

She kept laughing to herself until she got up. It hurt but she couldn't stay there any longer. She had to go find Joshua and have some fun.

"Joshua," she called. She laughed some more.

She found him laying by the wall. "Joshua," she tugged on his hand. She fell down on her butt, but got back up and started tugging again.

He opened his eyes kind of squinting them. "Abigail? What are you doing up. You'll hurt yourself."

"Come on Joshua. I'm great." She slung her arms out. "Better than I've ever been. She spun around with her hands around her head, and then brought them to her side.

"Abigail." He sat up. "Let's get you back in bed before you hurt yourself."

"No, let's run!" She said run excitedly.

"Come along now." He took the crook of her arm firmly, sliding his fingers to lay on her elbow. She pouted as he drug her to her bed. She laid down, but laughed uncontrollably. Joshua ran his fingers through his hair.

Her laughing woke Angelica. "Whats going on?"

"She's drunk," Joshua replied somberly.

"I was afraid this would happen." Angelica got off the bed. "Jack," she called out.

When Jack came back with Angelica. Abigail pulled her hand back and made it go forward while going, "Wee!"

"The lass is drunk."

"I gave her some rum to help with the pain."

"You would have made a good mother," Jack bragged.

Joshua scrunched his eyebrows together and narrowed his eyes. "What?" He whispered.

"Well, Jack." She took a step forward. "You and I both still have time to marry and have children both."

"Gotta go," Jack turned around and walked off back to bed.

"Joshua, Abigail called. She motioned him to her with her pointer finger.

"No, it's time to go to sleep." He kissed her forehead.

___________

Abigail's head hurt. Her stomach was sore as usual, but her head hadn't been hurting. Not only that, but she was extremely nauseous.

She sat up in bed trying not to vomit. It didn't work, but there was a bucket laying beside her bed. She puked her guts out. She laid down putting a hand on her forehead.

"Am I pregnant?" She asked when Jack came into the room. She was still a little woozy.

"Um, no love. You're hungover."

Joshua entered the room with a big smile on his face. He walked over to Abigail. "I went into town today and I ran into someone."

"Who?" Abigail asked.

"Your cousin!" Joshua smiled.

Elizabeth walked in smiling and hugged Abigail. "I've decided to start sailing earlier. I'm going to spend a few days with you before getting on my own ship."

Abigail and Elizabeth talked for an hour laughing. They talked to Joshua for a little while before he had to work, and then Abigail told Elizabeth about him.

Angelica heard about Elizabeth coming on the Black Pearl. Her heart skipped knowing she would recognize her. She hid the best she could, but she had to take care of Abigail's wound.

When Angelica walked into the room and it got quiet. Elizabeth smiled introducing herself. Good, she doesn't recognize me she thought. She kept quiet, and kept her back to Elizabeth so she wouldn't recognize her face or voice.

"You really did kiss him?" Abigail whispered.

Elizabeth nodded. "I regretted it after I did though. Jack was my friend and I had him killed by the kraken. We didn't see eye to eye on many things, but he was still a friend."

Angelica understood. Elizabeth had kissed and killed Jack. It made her blood boil. She kissed her Jack, even though he wasn't at hers at the time, and then killed him.

She pulled to hard when she ripped Abigail's bandages off. "Ow!"

"Sorry." She gently pulled the rest off pouring the honey into Abigail's wound.

When Angelica left Elizabeth stared at the floor thinking. Her face was so familiar she just couldn't place it. Her voice was even familiar. That Spanish accent stuck with her as she talked with her cousin.

Elizabeth was eating super that night when Abigail mentioned Angelica. It hit her like a ship. She knew exactly who Angelica was now and she tried to keep the red off of her face as she ate.

"Excuse me," she whispered. She set her plate in the chair she was sitting in and went to find Angelica.

"Angelica," she said when she found her with her arms on the railing staring at the ocean. She turned around and faced her. "It's brave of you to be here with my cousin."

"Your cousin doesn't me."

"Well, I do. I also know what you did to my family."

"I don't want her to find out. I've done enough to the Swanns, and I'm sorry."

"She better not, and if she does it will break heart. Sorry just isn't good enough. She grew up without a mother because of you."

"I watched her to make sure she was okay. It was the closet thing to a mother I could give her in exchange.

"Mothers aren't there to just protect them. They're there to love them, comfort them when they were hurt because they can't always protect them, to listen to them when they go through their first heartbreak. Angelica, I had to be there when Abigail had her heart broken." Angelica turned around to stare at the stars. Elizabeth walked up there beside her. "I know what it feels like growing up without a mother. My mother died giving birth to me. I understand, you don't."

Angelica stood there and swallowed. Tears shone in her eyes but she did the best she could to hold them back, but it didn't work and she ended up sobbing. Elizabeth had turned around and left after she gave her speech, but she felt an arm on shoulder. She looked up to see Jack.

"Oh, Jack!" she sobbed. "I wouldn't have don't it if I had know one day I'd have a heart." He moved to her right and she leaned her head on his chest. They just stood there, her crying into his shirt, and his hand stroked her hair.

Jack had heard everything. The truth was he was surprised. He knew Angelica had a heart. It was him who he thought didn't have a heart. She was the one in pain after their breakup and he was the one who lead her on to turn around and break her heart. He regretted it everyday. She regretted killing Abigail's mother everyday. Regretful people they are.