Chapter 12

After Abigail gave a very brief explanation of her real parents she fell asleep a few minutes later. When she woke up Joshua left her and it was around 5 in the morning. Everyone had probably just gotten up.

She saw Angelica walk by because the curtain was lifted. "Angelica," she said when she passed by almost hoping she didn't hear. Angelica walked over to her. "You can change my wound out now."

Angelica unbuttoned her dress not saying a word. There was awkward silence as she took the bandages off and soaked the old medicine up and poured new in. Abigail almost started a conversation several time but it was just weird. Here was her mother, the one she dreamed about for years, and she couldn't even talk to her.

When Angelica was done she looked in Abigail's face, fighting the urge to touch her cheek, and smiled a little. She saw her own eyes but the bright brown of Jack's. She saw Jack's cheekbones and her own nose and mouth. Although she looked more like herself than Jack in the face, she had Jack's height, and was a couple inches taller than herself. "I'm sorry," she apologized again before walking out of the room.

"Wait," Abigail called right before she exited their small enclosure. Tears stung her eyes. Angelica came by and looked at her again. "I don't hate you. I really don't know how I feel. You are my mother after all, and you went through a lot of pain getting me here, so if that's all I have to thank you for then..."

Angelica sunk on her knees. "I want if to be more than just giving birth to you. I want you to understand I love you."

Abigail blinked a few tears. "Then why didn't you take me with you?"

Angelica opened her mouth to speak but closed it. If she had of taken her she wouldn't have been torn apart from her father and family. She would have only known her real family. "Abigail, you love your father and family. You can't regret knowing them or you'll grow to hate them, and also love them and it'll make you miserable and bitter."

Abigail nodded and sat there for a moment. "Will you bring me some rum, and I'd like to meet my father as my father sometime soon, maybe today."

Angelica smiled and left the room going to get some rum. There she ran into Jack.

"Can I join?" Jack asked when he saw two bottles.

"It's for Abigail. She wants to see you."

"Well, she defiantly my daughter then. I'll go down to her tonight." Jack scolded someone as Angelica descended the stairs to give Abigail her rum.

She stayed with her incase she got drunk and decided to do something stupid like the last time. She sipped on her rum making sure she stayed sober. She watched Abigail choke down the first few drinks and got drunk enough it didn't bother her.

She saw Abigail happy and it reminded her of one time when she was a little girl. It was her 5th birthday party and Angelica watched from a window. Abigail opened her presents before going to hug her father. She was jealous she was wrapping her arms around her father and not her mother, and she was biologically hers, unlike her father.

Angelica saw Joshua pass by, and asked him to not let Abigail do anything stupid. She went to find Jack so she could tell the wonderful moment to him. He deserved to know more about his daughter after all these years.

"Why don't we get married when Abigail can be here," Jack suggested, still smiling from the story of when she was little.

Angelica nodded a smile and went to see how their daughter was doing. "Have some rum," Abigail held out the bottle.

"No, the last time that happened you almost broke up with me."

"Just have a drink." Abigail poked her bottom lip out. Joshua gave in and accepted the bottle. "Drink," Abigail demanded. He obeyed and then gave the bottle back to her.

Angelica entered the room making her presence known. "Was she hurting again?" Joshua asked

"Yes, but this time in her heart."

____________

That night Angelica went to get her food, but returned with Jack. Abigail heart skipped a beat seeing him. She smiled and he returned one back.

He was carrying a table and sat it down. Angelica sat some food down and Elizabeth came in behind with more. Angelica sat on the end by her head, Jack straight across from her, and Elizabeth at the end near her feet. She sat up and caught the table to stop the swaying.

Jack took a couple bites of steak not ready to look Abigail in the face just yet. He had the best food he had prepared. Steak, rolls, and potatoes.

Jack lifted his eyes and looked in his daughters face. It was the first time he had really looked, and I mean looked at Abigail's face. He smiled. She was beautiful, perfect, defiantly their daughter. How had he not noticed it before?

Feelings went crazy in his heart. "I gotta go," he stood up almost running out. He had to get some fresh air.

Angelica went after him. "Whats wrong?"

"I couldn't handle the emotion."

"Come on Jack. We don't look like good parents right now with both of us leaving like that." Angelica drug him back to sit back down and eat.

He took a bite of potatoes. He really wasn't hungry anymore. Seeing his own flesh and blood daughter messed with his head, and stomach. He was relieved when Elizabeth brought up a casual topic.

"Jack, I almost forgot! I don't know if Gibbs told you this, but after you drop me off at Port Royal your father and Barbossa have a mission for you."

Jack smiled. "A mission?"

"There's this island called moon island."

"Seems like I heard my father speak of it before." Jack thought for a moment."

"Well, in a cave are these indestructible ships, and they're suppose to have weapons that no ones ever heard of."

"Wheres my father and Barbossa now?"

"I don't know."

______________

Teague sailed with Barbossa on the Queen Anne's Revenge. They were behind King's Pride ready to fight if they fired at The Black Pearl. Teague had family on there. He had a son and a granddaughter to protect.

Half way to Port Royal Queen Anne's Revenge opened her sails wider and passed Kings Pride cruising along. To Teague and Barbossas delight the ship started following then instead of the Black Pearl. They had to keep her distracted while Jack dropped Elizabeth off.

______________

Gibbs ran in to find Jack. "The Brits have stopped following us!"

Jack narrowed his eyes mouth twitched. "What are they going to do?" He stood up and walked to the door. "Sorry, but I gotta go."

Jack walked out and went to the back of the ship taking his spyglass. He held it up to his eyes and saw the retreating King's Pride.

"Was there something you forgot to tell me?" Jack asked Gibbs.

Gibbs thought for a moment. "Oh, Barbossa and Tea..."

"I know Elizabeth told me."

Gibbs left and Jack walked downstairs to dine with the women. There wasn't anything he could do until she fired, or whatever it was King's Pride was going to do. He told the crew to keep a sharp eye out and loaded the cannons though.

Jack found Angelica, Abigail, and Elizabeth talking, but stopped to ask what was going on. "I don't know," he admitted. "The crews keeping a sharp eye out."