Chapter 25

Port Royal ground never felt do good. Abigail straightener back up and took a deep breath. She glanced back to make sure her mother was hidden before going to the front door and knocking. There was butterflies in her stomach as she waited. She thought of how her father was going to act. Would he be disappointed, happy to see her?

The door was opened and she saw a smiling man. "Abigail!" She was engulfed in a hug.

"Hello father."

"I'm so glad you came back. Let's go inside. I know it's not safe for you out here." He ushered her in.

They went and sat down. He looked at her for a second. "Did you really kill Charlotte Wright?"

She swallowed and nodded. "I know your disappointed in me."

"I guess you have a little of your mother in you," he murmured

She tilted her head. It was interesting, ironic really, that he'd mention her for the first time in a while right after Abigail met her. "What was she like?" Of course she knew, but was curious to what he would say.

He made sure to not lie, but make her sound good. "She was beautiful, had the darkest hair and eyes just like you. She loved you. I know she did."

That was peculiar. Angelica had skipped out on him and broke his heart. She thought her father hated her mother. Thought there was no way she could love her when she left her.

"She had an untainable spirit. I see you inherited that from her too. Whats left for you to inherit from me?" He smiled at his little joke.

"Not much." It wasn't the best thing she could have said. The plan was to never break her fathers heart and tell him about her not being his daughter.

"Elizabeth's told me you've been on the Black Pearl. I don't think Jack Sparrow is a very good role model."

She nodded. "He is a good man, you just have to sail with him and come close to him."

She told him about the past few weeks, how she was stabbed, chased by the Royal Navy, found the oldest living man, rode on that mans ship, and still has to watch her back. She kept Angelica's name out of it. Angelica was Mrs. Sparrow throughout the whole story. She enjoyed that. Her 2 parents were together when she was finally around.

Abel got to the question he dreaded. He dreaded it because he already knew the answer. "Are you coming back home for good now?"

Her eyes watered and she shook her head. "I'm sorry. They seas where I belong. You said I took after my mother, and she had an untamable spirit. I have that too, and I also made many friends on the Pearl."

He have a sad smile she could see in his eyes. "I was afraid that's what you'd say."

Abigail rose. "I want to see my room again before I go." She mumbled the last sentence. "So many memories."

She stood in her doorway and smiled with the memories flooding back to her. She sat down on her bed and stroked the sheet. She imagined her father coming to tuck her in. They'd have a game of her riding his back like a pony and then he'd finally coax her into bed.

She walked over to her chest and rummaged through her things. She dug to the bottoms past dresses, dolls from her childhood, seashells, and a bag of candy. She reached the bottoms and felt the familiar piece of thick cloth. She pulled out the sheath and ran her fingers along it. It was the same sheath she had ripped off her sword before killing Charlotte.

Abigail walked back to her bed and sat down. "Such a good father, too bad he didn't have any kids. Just a daughter who he was tricked into believing was his own. At least we were both tricked into believing for 17 years," She talked to herself as she rubbed the sheet.