Chapter 10

Jack Sparrow walked down the ship yelling orders. He had a smile on his face. He didn't like being on land and had to get off as soon as possible. He didn't like leaving Angelica and Gibbs either, but he couldn't stay a minute later.

Jack kept meeting British ships when leaving Tortuga. They were probably looking for him and Abigail. Several times he almost turned around, knowing that nobody he left behind knew about them.

He was currently doing his best to hide back in where part of the land was carved into ocean. He and the crew were tying branches to the ship to disguise it as land. Some men held on to ropes as he lowered them down and cover the sides.

He stared at the man in the boat with the spyglass. He was going up and down the coast looking for the Black Pearl he knew. Someone would have had to have snitched or they wouldn't have found them so fast. He was deciding whether he could make it back to find Gibbs and stay safe while doing it.

"Everyone quiet," he said when they got closer.

They laid on the floor and Jack twiddled a loose strand of hair in thought. He would have to go warn everyone. There was defiantly soldiers on the ground going through houses right now.

"Pintel!" Jack yell whispered. "Your in charge while I'm gone."

"Me?" Pintel got excited talking to Ragetti.

"Just be quiet!" He was seriously questioning his decision.

Jack climbed over the boat going down on rope like on a mountain. When he was just a few feet from the bottom he fell. He stumbled on to the edge at sat down for a minute.

They would see him swimming across and shoot him or pick him up. He got a piece of this wide grass type of plant, and broke it off. He put it in his mouth so he could breath while swimming underwater.

Taking his sword and pistol off would make it easier to swim, but things might get dangerous on the other side, or even in the water. He kept them on, only taking his hat up and hanging on a branch, waded into the water, and when it got to his thighs he sunk down.

Every little while, when he was swimming across, he would come up and make sure he wouldn't get hit by a ship. At one instance there was one in front him. He noticed it as the one looking for him, and dove down not even letting the weed stick out. He stayed as long as his lungs would allow, and then broke through the waters surface.

He made it to the bank on the other side without even a scratch. He laid in the water making sure there wasn't anyone near before emerging. He ran to the tree closest and got a good look. There was no one around he was sure, so he creeped down the path keeping a close eye out.

The doctors house wasn't but a mile out of town. People would go on walks right by his house so Jack had to be careful he wasn't spotted by the wrong person. He hid behind a tree for 5 minutes before running in and shutting the door quickly behind him. He let out a sigh of relief.

"Whats wrong, Jack?" Angelica asked coming up to him.

"There are British soldiers everywhere. It's not safe for you here anymore."

Angelica nodded. "I saw one earlier today when I was getting water for the doctor."

Just then the doctor came into the room. "Is everything alright?"

"No, we're being hunted. You have to let Abigail go," Jack told him.

He thought for a second. "If she has to go then make sure she gets plenty of rest and here," he handed Angelica a jar. "Change her wound twice a day and when it's not infected, once."