Chapter 13

CHAPTER 13:

Once again Jack was tired by around 1 a.m. and had Joshua take the night shift. Abigail was awake and had him carry her out to sit with him. It was a perfect time to catch up on life, and kissing.

It was a beautiful night. Stars twinkled above and a half moon lit up the night pretty well. Her beau wasn't a sore eye himself.

"When will you be relieved of your duty?"

"3 a.m., which mean we still have time for this." He kissed her. They were interrupted by footsteps.

"Hope I'm not ruining anything," Elizabeth said walking to them a smile on her face.

Abigail leaned her head against the railing of the ship and stared at the sea. There was just something about the black of the night, the gentle movement of the boat that rocked her softly to sleep at night, and the company that came with it. It was defiantly where she belonged. Here with her beau and newly discovered mother and father. If only Elizabeth would stay.

"I saw you were gone and decided to spend my last hours with my beloved cousin." Elizabeth plopped down beside her staring at the sea. She brought her attention to Elizabeth. "I mean that, Abigail. We're still cousins."

Abigail nodded. She felt tears on her cheeks. She turned to Elizabeth and engulfed her in a hug. "I'm going to miss you," she cried. She cried hard and clung in to her cousin as Joshua stood awkwardly.

Abigail wiped her eyes trying to get her bearings. She had been crying a lot lately and didn't know why. Anger over her and Joshua, her mothers betrayal, anger and sadness about her fake father, sadness over Elizabeth's departure.

Elizabeth stayed with Joshua and Abigail until 3. They all went to bed with Joshua and Elizabeth being especially tired. Abigail slept a lot lately and could have stayed awake longer, but wasn't going to stay up with some random crew member.

They dropped off Elizabeth at 9 the next morning as fast as possible. Then they sailed for moon island.

Abigail, Jack, and Angelica ate lunch together in their sleeping quarters. Abigail stabbed her food and sighed.

"Whats wrong?" Jack asked.

"I want to ask a question that's been bugging me, but I know you don't want me to."

"What is it?" Angelica asked.

"Will you tell me about your past life? Why I'm here."

_____________

Angelica and Jack had an exciting courtship. Their dates were mostly illegal. They would steal rum or whatever their heart fancied and drunk into the night singing and making noise. They would sword fight guards, pirates, and anyone in their way.

Angelica's dark hair blew in the breeze as she ran down the dark street behind Jack. He wasn't very far ahead of her because she was a pretty fast runner, especially for a girl. She laughed with Jack as she took long strides to keep up.

They ran out of the city and to their tree house in this jungle like place. It wasn't really theirs, but some neighborhood kids they scared away from it. The climbed and sat laughing. They had lost the angry pirate and he ran down the streets having no clue where they were.

Angelica laid on her back staring at the ceiling and smiled. She turned her head to the left and looked at Jack. He smiled at her and brought his lips to hers. His hands slowly moved to her waist.

"I have a bad feeling about this," she whispered, but still accepted his kiss closing her eyes.

"Why?" He brought his hand to her cheek.