Chapter Six

I wandered for days, maybe months, looking for even the slightest bit of humanity. I'd cried at times, even let walkers follow me around until I got bored of them and killed them. I found a backpack, food, slight bit of water, and nothing yet. I have no sense of direction, I could be on the other side of the world from them. Well, that's not plausible seeing as it's only been two days. My thoughts, filled with images of Noah and Shane. I walked into a nearby town, seeing walkers wonder back and fourth aimlessly between buildings.

"Perfect." I looked forward and saw a small tavern, I picked up my feet and hustled towards it. When I kicked the door open the only thing in there was a walker feeding on a mouse. When it looked at me I pulled up my gun and with no hesitation, shot it. Directly in the forehead. I shut the door behind me. With every passing day I get more bored of killing walkers. I jumped behind the bar and looked at the arrangement of booze. "Well, how about-" the door burst open and a man came running inside. He slammed the door shut and huffed as he locked it and looked around. Our eyes made contact and I gasped.

"Shit, I'm sorry." The man ran a hand through his hair. "Those things, they got the jump on me and-" I put my gun up as he approached me.

"Drop your weapons or I'll take them off your dead body." I dropped my eyelids to a resting position and his hands went up, slowly he took out each one of his weapons and dropped them on the ground. "Kick em' to me." He did so, kicking each one right to the bar.

"We good now?" He lowered his hands as I jumped back over to the other side of the bar. I held my gun up to him.

"How many walkers have you killed?" I kept my tone sharp and to the point.

"A lot. Too many to count, more than twenty. Maybe thirty. Thirty, fourth maybe." He choked on his words.

"How many people have you killed?" I took a deep breath.

"Three." He lowered his head and then looked back up at me.

"Why?" I lowered my gun slightly, he watched me and lowered his hands.

"Whoever tries for kill me, I'll kill them. They held guns to our heads, raped my sister, killed us." He looked in pain. "I'm Gareth."

"Y/n." I extended my arm, he took it in his and gave my hand a hard shake.

"Why are you here?" Gareth smiled at me and I stepped away from his weapons.

"Getting something to drink, drink myself to death." I sighed and once again hoped back over the counter and looked at the liquor in front of me. "You drink Gareth?"

"I'm here for the same reason as you," His smile gave me chills but, I held myself straight. I grabbed a bottle of what looked like whiskey and set it on the table. I pulled my bag off my back and filled it up with more bottles of anything I could find. "You look like a wreck, what happened to you?"

"Same thing that happens to everyone else," I let out a chuckle and a sigh. "I have a son, husband, brother, father, sister, a whole family. Maybe it's had, I really don't know at this point."

"You've been separated for how long?" He took a seat on the bar while I looked around for glasses. I found two and set them on the bar.

"Days, maybe its been weeks by now." I grabbed the the whiskey inspecting it before pouring it. "I stopped looking, looking takes you farther away."

"Why do you say that?" Gareth questioned me and I sled one of the drinks right to him.

"They are always somewhere you least expect." I sighed, I listened to the banging on the front doors. "Well, Gareth. It was nice meeting you. I have to go aimlessly wander until I come across something I just can't beat." I chugged the rest of my glass and stepped around the bar.